Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The Work

• Start Topic

1bcbd5d4-98b9-42bd-b4d9-4a0d0d317ded?bas

Beth accompanies her true-crime-lover sister, Ann, to the Dupree Murder House. During the reenactment, the sisters reveal too much about themselves to one another and the other guests. Beth lets down Maya in an possibly unforgivable way.

Premiere Date: February 16, 2024   Hulu  

I will drop this here (I forgot what episode this happened in, but I am relatively certain it was by episode 6). Seriously, how did Beth NOT know that John is on the spectrum. That was not realistic (I know, I know...). 

Amy has, for me, exhausted her insistence on featuring her personal life for entertainment purposes. I enjoyed her pregnancy special (Netflix?) but enough is enough. It reeks of narcissism.

I like this running gag where everyone keeps hanging up on Beth. 

They took a long time to get around to Annie. I think she's probably more important than featuring an episode on Matt. (Which I know the point was about Beth and John starting a family, but I think they could have gotten there anyway). 

I'm a little disappointed they didn't get more into why Annie couldn't leave the apartment. They made that seem like a big deal at the start of the season. 

Now that young Beth has the license, she's a lot more assertive with the dad.  

It seemed to me that Beth was more shielding Annie from the reality of the parents just being failures. I suppose I could see Annie thinking Beth was making her dependent. Not a great look forgetting Annie's birthday though.