Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Not A Valentine Yet

• Start Topic

WEDNESDAY, FEB. 14 8:30-9:00 p.m. EST 

It's Valentine's Day. After receiving some truth from Cricket, Nell realizes she may be using ghosts as an excuse to not open herself up to love.

The son/painter/alleged hottie also has a role on Good Trouble, where he plays a painter who the show blatantly objectifies (lots of shirtless oilded up scenes, etc. It's not even a show where anyone else gets portrayed that way, so it's definitely about the actor).

I don't get his appeal (to me he looks like he needs a shower and to do his laundry), but I get the concept of being typecast as The Hot Guy, but I think it's funny he seems to also be typecast as... a painter?

Though, on Good Trouble, he's talented and definitely knows how to do eyes. 

--

I like Edward. 

• Like 2

Wow, Lauren Ash is just acting her heart out this season. He does these understated emotional scenes in her father's presence so well. I love it.

And Nell is amazing at conveying the messages of the dead to their loved ones in a way that is acceptable but still gets the point through. That is really cool. I liked how they set up her relationship with the guy and the reason for him not being ready for a relationship at that moment also made total sense.

• Like 5

OK, the painting of the mother with the google eyes was pretty funny. The rest of the episode, not so much. It's a shame because I really like the cast but the writing needs improving. It's similar to Home Economics in terms of being a rather banal and underwritten comedy. They really need someone to come in and punch up their scripts.

• Like 6

I really enjoyed Brad Garrett in this episode.

The writing in this isn't top notch, but it is such a nice comfy show that I don't mind that the writing isn't as good as it should be.

• Like 4

I recognized the actress playing the Senator, but couldn't place her. Had to look it up-- she played Lupe on Home Economics, another good half hour comedy on ABC.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1