Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Episode 8

• Start Topic

AAAABR-GYAxMxf3w0VVNAJnCeSObfW9loMJi3rVU

1995. On the last day of the school term, Emma gets into a compromising position at work. When she gets home, things become even more uncomfortable.

Premiere Date: February 8, 2024    Netflix

Wow, that was stressful. I knew Ian would not take the eventual breakup well, but that was a mess. I didn't think Emma would have the affair with the headmaster, but what do I know. I saw the film once years ago and promptly forgot everything about it.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:01 PM, jah1986 said:

Wow, that was stressful. I knew Ian would not take the eventual breakup well, but that was a mess. I didn't think Emma would have the affair with the headmaster, but what do I know. I saw the film once years ago and promptly forgot everything about it.

In fairness to you, the film omitted the affair with the headmaster.

• Like 1

Well, I would have murdered Ian on the first day at the Mexican restaurant, because I can’t stand people who are always “on” and think they’re funny. I say this as a person who did improv comedy for 20 years. 
And then he goes from Mr Funny to Mr. Desperate. Arggh. At least they parted as friends at the end of that dreadful scene. Really, the performances are so good. 

• Like 5

I thought this was a good episode and it ended on a positive note when she took up writing again. Emma is obviously a great teacher, but she's not happy.