Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Sword

• Start Topic

(edited)

HALO_202_AS_1003_1073-1.jpg

John pushes Silver Team to its limit as he searches for missing Spartans; Kai worries about John's stability; Kwan finds the Rubble is a far more dangerous place in Soren's absence; Halsey seeks the identity of her captor.

Premiere Date: February 8, 2024      Paramount+ 

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so bummed Makee is still alive. Really not a fan of hers.

No spoilers usually means no discussing possible future story lines or plot points from other media in the universe (like the books or video game).  It also refers to possible posting about the episode before the show airs for most viewers (like if you caught an earlier international viewing or sneak peek or something).  Essentially, if you have more information about what's going to happen next than the casual viewer, keep it to yourself. 

Providing backstory on characters or events that doesn't spoil potential plot twists and some speculation on what could happen is usually okay.  If in doubt, you can use the eye icon to mask potential spoilers.

• Useful 2

Forgot to add:

Why does Cortana look so different this season?  How many Spartans are there?  Last season focused so much on the main 4 I was wondering if they were the only ones left, but this season introduces at least one more squad of 4.  Do all the Spartans know about what Halsey did or are the main 4 just keeping it to themselves? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/16/2024 at 12:03 PM, Absurda said:

Forgot to add:

Why does Cortana look so different this season?  How many Spartans are there?  Last season focused so much on the main 4 I was wondering if they were the only ones left, but this season introduces at least one more squad of 4.  Do all the Spartans know about what Halsey did or are the main 4 just keeping it to themselves? 

Cortana changes a bit over the game series, but I think they simply recast the "body" actress (Jen Taylor is still the only one to do the voice).

There are a lot of Spartans - Reach is pretty much their home base, but the war is taking its toll.

Most of the Spartan-IIs have made peace with Halsey's motives. The washouts, not so much.

• Like 1
On 2/16/2024 at 12:03 PM, Absurda said:

Why does Cortana look so different this season? 

Wondering myself, I googled it.   Apparently there was a negative fan reaction to the previous Cortana.   I was surprised that there were actually enough people watching this show to make a difference.

When they said Madrigal had been glassed -- either in this episode or the last, I forget -- I thought, no more Kwan, well that's good.  Prematurely.

• Like 1

Not really happy to see Kwan or Makee.  Couldn't they have just moved on? 
In general, I am not really excited about any of the side stories. The Planet of Pirates just feels like fluff in order to have other things happening. 
I would prefer that the side stories dealt with the other characters in the Halo organization. 

One weird thing that got my attention was when Master Chief was upset that some guy was changing placards, indicating that the other Spartan team was on standby or something.  Just the idea of this futuristic, high-tech organization needing a guy to physically change signs was hilarious..