Type keyword(s) to search

Class Is In Session: Scheduling & Ratings

I think a large part of the hiatus would be due to the Labor Day holiday and end of summer. People are going back to school. Families are taking last-minute vacations on the weekend, so it's not a great time for new episodes to actually get live viewers. The next new episode corresponds with the start of the fall TV season. That's just my thoughts, though. I have no idea if that's really the case.

I think a large part of the hiatus would be due to the Labor Day holiday and end of summer. People are going back to school. Families are taking last-minute vacations on the weekend, so it's not a great time for new episodes to actually get live viewers. The next new episode corresponds with the start of the fall TV season. That's just my thoughts, though. I have no idea if that's really the case.

Labor Day weekend, end of summer, and the episode order kept getting increased so it may be allowing production to finish up work.

Labor Day weekend, end of summer, and the episode order kept getting increased so it may be allowing production to finish up work.

That's odd, I thought it was set at 22 episode since the start (and actually only seems to be 21 now, although that's not counting the fact that they ALREADY got their season 2 renewal, even though they're only 1/3 of the way through airing season 1.

I also seem to recall some interview or media event with from over the summer where they were already talking like all of their filming was done.

Disney does this with a lot of their shows. They space them the airings out so the season run together and you get new shows year. If they skip every other week for a 22 episode season, that takes almost the whole year. Most disney channel show get have a 25 episode season

That's odd, I thought it was set at 22 episode since the start (and actually only seems to be 21 now, although that's not counting the fact that they ALREADY got their season 2 renewal, even though they're only 1/3 of the way through airing season 1.

I also seem to recall some interview or media event with from over the summer where they were already talking like all of their filming was done.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/23/girl-meets-world-gets-full-season-at-disney/

They got the back order in January. And just because the filming is done doesn't mean the production is done.

If Disney plans to show the Chrismas episode around Christmas then we have at least 5 more episodes in 2014 if IMDB's order is correct. That would be 3 in November, 2 in December, and the remaining 3 in January.

All speculation as we do not know the air date of the next episode yet.

• Love 1

I just checked this week's ratings at TV By The Numbers. Eps 1, 2 and 3 got a .5 and Episode 4, with Shawn and Mr. Feeny, got a .7. Bodes well for the show and for Rider fans, I think. The ratings for Friday's episode aren't up yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if they got a bump from Eric as well.