Type keyword(s) to search

Silent Witness - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks, @fastiller, for requesting this forum.

Silent Witness is a long-running BBC crime drama focusing on a team of London-based forensic pathologists and scientists and their investigations into various crimes.

Currently in its 27th Series/Season in the UK; S25 is available Stateside via BritBox.  Most seasons are 10 episodes with each story unfolding over two episodes.  Season 25 is 6 episodes long and the full Season is one story.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, Primetimer said:

Thanks, @fastiller, for requesting this forum.

Silent Witness is a long-running BBC crime drama focusing on a team of London-based forensic pathologists and scientists and their investigations into various crimes.

Currently in its 27th Series/Season in the UK; S25 is available Stateside via BritBox.  Most seasons are 10 episodes with each story unfolding over two episodes.  Season 25 is 6 episodes long and the full Season is one story.

I need to correct my initial comment that @Primetimer quoted from, above:
S26 is available Stateside via BritBox and S25 has self-contained crime-of-the-week stories in its usual  two episode format, but the six episodes also have a broader over-arching full-season story.

I feel so bad, because there was a relationship I liked for several of the recent seasons which ended off-screen and this led to another relationship where the actors just have zero chemistry.

• Useful 1
On 1/16/2024 at 2:20 PM, fastiller said:

I feel so bad, because there was a relationship I liked for several of the recent seasons which ended off-screen and this led to another relationship where the actors just have zero chemistry.

Nikki and Jack? I couldn't agree more. Every time they show them being romantic with each other I just roll my eyes. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

Nikki and Jack? I couldn't agree more. Every time they show them being romantic with each other I just roll my eyes. 

YEP!!  Also, I really like Michael Landes and would've enjoyed seeing more of him on this show.  Fox had so much more chemistry w/ him than w/ Caves.  I've not seen her in much, so I don't know if it's her or if it's the writing.

After 27 series, I think I'm ready to retire this from my line-up. I find my mind wandering during each viewing and I'm just generally bored to tears. They either need to bring in some new characters or shake things up dramatically. And that ending. 🙄

I'd watch a Velvy/Cara/Gabriel spin-off though. 

I recently discovered this and am only up to season 14. Lately they seem to be adding exotic locals (did the actors put some required boondoggles into their contracts?) South Africa, Hungary.

I'm still enjoying it. But there's a long way to go!

• Love 1
On 1/16/2024 at 11:20 AM, fastiller said:

I feel bad and embarrassed because I always thought the lab was based in Scotland...? I haven't a clue why I thought this.

I'm a few seasons back, where in the last episode of a season they killed off yet another head of the Lyell center. Dangerous job!

• Like 1

I just finished watching season 27 on BritBox and enjoyed some of the episodes--specifically the first and last--more than I have any in recent years. That John Hannah and Hermione Norris guest starred in those helped, though Norris wasn't given enough to do.

I like the actress playing Cara but I don't need her character to be around all the time and I don't understand why the show spends so much time on Velvy and so little on Gabriel. I also don't like that they had first Cara and now Velvy move in with Jack.

(edited)
On 8/23/2024 at 8:44 PM, krankydoodle said:

I like the actress playing Cara but I don't need her character to be around all the time ...

Same. Like, hasn't her internship/whatever finished?  Though I'm kind of hoping they keep her showing up once every two episode/stories or so and in a few seasons we find out she's been taking note of all the processes so she can become a world class serial killer. [/kidding!!! sort of 😁]

Edited by fastiller
  • Like 2