Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

p17872008_b_h8_aj.jpg

Girls5Eva Season 3     March 14, 2024    Netflix     

Episodes 1-6   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S03.E01: Fort Worth
AAAABbjv7S8YTRSuA-HKgHZIhxtMjjHzwFiztI1v
In Cowtown, G5E struggle to get their act together. Gloria tries one-night stands, and Wickie takes a gamble to keep the group's momentum going.

S03.E02: Bomont
AAAABTZnlm8Px09xd6wAs6LMFiumPlktpEy0QLCS
Deep in the Ozarks, the group clashes with a senator determined to censor their show, Wickie films a tour documentary, and Summer has an identity crisis.

S03.E03: Clarksville
AAAABVXjC8Zs4rz49sfkV2_YG29jZuv21TZtFk64
The women stay with Wickie's parents and learn the truth about her upbringing. Summer starts a side hustle. Dawn worries about their Thanksgiving gig.

S03.E04: Orlando
AAAABWjm5-0oTf8C-EpXQpeFjcnsEf7eLsnAwt4O
The group performs at a fan's nostalgic party where Dawn reckons with the past, Summer looks to right a wrong, and Wickie runs into an old flame.

S03.E05: Cleveland
AAAABdFXezLargHuxrVH9bmHtz6Qp6rKHMm2T5Uj
When Gloria learns her friend isn't who he appears to be, G5E work to seize an opportunity for their tour. A paparazzi photo stirs up a scandal.

S03.E06: New York
(Season Finale)

AAAABTxdfNjg7xQT9sAf9E4R8f_ZC-05H2Q0v3c3
With ticket sales low and tensions high, the group hustles to save their Radio City Music Hall show — but their friendship hangs in the balance.

I just finished Season 3 and it is wonderful. It has all the charm and jokes and love and great songs of the first two seasons.  And of course it ends with Sara singing a ballad that will have you in tears, almost more so than Four Stars.  (And they let Renee Elise rap Hamilton style. Girl still has it) 

Don't want to spoil any of it, just get your Netflix on, and watch this amazing show.  

Let's go, ladies! 

31 minutes ago, SeanBug said:

I just finished Season 3 and it is wonderful. It has all the charm and jokes and love and great songs of the first two seasons.  And of course it ends with Sara singing a ballad that will have you in tears, almost more so than Four Stars.  (And they let Renee Elise rap Hamilton style. Girl still has it) 

Don't want to spoil any of it, just get your Netflix on, and watch this amazing show.  

Let's go, ladies! 

Anyone up for starting individual episode threads for S3?  I let Netflix go for a while but this is one I plan to watch when I re-up, and it would be nice to be able to follow along here without dodging spoilers. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Anyone up for starting individual episode threads for S3?  I let Netflix go for a while but this is one I plan to watch when I re-up, and it would be nice to be able to follow along here without dodging spoilers. 

Maybe DM Tessaray and see why they felt a single thread was better, I don't think they are a moderator, so they may not have the final say.

11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Maybe DM Tessaray and see why they felt a single thread was better, I don't think they are a moderator, so they may not have the final say.

The moderation system is quite different from when @tessaray set up this season 3 thread.  We've been directed to be a little more self-policing. There don't appear to be mods assigned to specific shows anymore,  plus anyone can set up threads.  Frequent posters have been setting up episode threads in other forums.

I would start them myself, but that would defeat the purpose (my purpose) of avoiding spoilers.

2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

he moderation system is quite different from when @tessaray set up this season 3 thread.  We've been directed to be a little more self-policing. There don't appear to be mods assigned to specific shows anymore,  plus anyone can set up threads.  Frequent posters have been setting up episode threads in other forums.

I would start them myself, but that would defeat the purpose (my purpose) of avoiding spoilers.

Everything anybody needs to do this properly is in my post under the spoiler section, anybody, feel free to use what I provided.

• Like 3

I too enjoyed series 3 very much. Loved when Gloria slipped in the 'by the power of gray skull' nugget. I am really applauding the show for not making Dawn's pregnancy into a stumbling block for the group and just keep it moving along. Her water breaking on stage was gimmicky, but as it wasn't a big plot ploy I will let is slide.
I keep waiting for Ashley to suddenly pop up, even though its not something that is hinted at, and I hope that prospect will secure them another season.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I would just presume spoilers will make it into the thread because some will not post until they are done with the season, so post and comment with that in mind. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I would just presume spoilers will make it into the thread because some will not post until they are done with the season, so post and comment with that in mind. 

I’m not sure I follow, but I probably didn’t explain my original comment very well. What I was trying to say is, many of us have griped about streaming shows that drop all at once but just have a single thread, so people who watch at a different pace can’t open the thread until they’ve done, or risk being spoiled. Now that we have the power to start single episode threads, what’s the downside?  And I would do that myself (and I have for other shows) but in this case I don’t have access to the season yet, and don’t want to look up episode titles and descriptions. 

So I’m hoping another viewer will be willing to jump in here. 

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m not sure I follow, but I probably didn’t explain my original comment very well. What I was trying to say is, many of us have griped about streaming shows that drop all at once but just have a single thread, so people who watch at a different pace can’t open the thread until they’ve done, or risk being spoiled. Now that we have the power to start single episode threads, what’s the downside?  And I would do that myself (and I have for other shows) but in this case I don’t have access to the season yet, and don’t want to look up episode titles and descriptions. 

So I’m hoping another viewer will be willing to jump in here. 

Episode threads done! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Now that we have the power to start single episode threads, what’s the downside?

Very few people post in them (look at how few have posted so far about Season 3 in general) and you run into the same problem where people post things in an episode thread about future episodes, and there's little you can do about it. 

7 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Episode threads done! 

7 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Very few people post in them (look at how few have posted so far about Season 3 in general) and you run into the same problem where people post things in an episode thread about future episodes, and there's little you can do about it. 

Thanks @chitowngirl

Granted, few people have posted so far, but I suspect I’m not the only one who has paused a particular streamer but plans to resubscribe and catch up in the future. Anyway, there’s no “cost” to taking advantage of the ability to create episode threads, as far as I can see. 

As for this 

you run into the same problem where people post things in an episode thread about future episodes, and there's little you can do about it. 

I know there are fewer mods now but I’d like to think you could still report a post with blatant spoilers and it would get taken care of. 

• Like 1
(edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 11:39 PM, AnimeMania said:

The show was originally just a single thread. When we got the upgrade to full forum, I had plans to move comments into seasons but by then I had resigned as a mod. (In my case, it was mostly because of my husband's real life illness.) Seasons or per episode, either one works, depending on what y'all want to do. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Useful 1

I didn't realize how much I missed this show until I started watching this season.  Those women have such great chemistry.  I hope it gets renewed for another season.

I LOVED this season! Hadn't realized how much I'd missed this show.

The fact that they started the season in Fort Worth was delightful.

Summer's foray into an MLM made me cackle - especially the drones with the products following her around.

Gloria aka Ho Spice (😆). I'm not surprised that Caroline had moved on to someone else. Seeing Gloria fake that discount Harry Styles' death was hilarious (the fox teeth 😆)

Also enjoyed seeing Wickie's "hardscrabble" backstory. The actors playing her parents (Adriane Lenox and Ron Canada) are two of my favorites.

Hilarious to see the girls play that fan's party in Florida (Summer scatting sent me!) Fun fact: the singer summer upstaged (Pixie) was played by singer Ingrid Michaelson.

And how could I forget Percy! He really fit in nicely with the girls.

Loved seeing G5A play Radio City, even if the venue was empty-lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1