Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Painting Austin Red

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Wendy was never going to be friends or allies with Nneka because both Wendy and Nneka know Nneka is Wendy's replacement.

What I see happening is:

• Candiace and Wendy are fired ahead of Season 9
  • Robyn, Gizelle & Ashley go on a press run saying how everything is better, the group is lighter (wink), they don't have to deal with negative haters anymore, etc.  Lots of photos with the light complected cast (+Nneka)
  • The above press run will turn off the remaining bloggers reviewing this show
  • Ratings slide, Nneka is relieved of her duties
  • Ratings slide some more after Nneka is fired because it will be seen as one more instance of colorism
  • RHOP is switched to Thursday night (or Friday). Ratings slide some more.
  • Hit pieces start popping up blaming Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley for the show's demise.
  • BRAVO puts RHOP on hiatus and brings it back in a year with a majority white cast set in Virginia (Loudoun/McLean/Vienna/Tysons/Great Falls etc) and changes the name to Real Housewives of the Potomac and puts it on Peacock.

It might actually be in Candiace & Wendy's best interests to be publicly distanced from this show.

Robyn said on WWHL that Juan was "taking this year off to just spend time with the boys."

This is code for "Nobody in DC, Maryland, Virginia or even Pennsylvania will even consider hiring Juan to empty trash cans, much less coach our teams."

Juan better start answering those phones at Robyn's new skin care spa.  But they'll be dumb and let his 15 month severance run out.

Quite frankly, even without the scandals, Juan was a terrible basketball coach. I know it can take a bit of time before a new coach can gain his footing but Juan never had a good season (as far as I know, I'm no expert in college basketball).

If Juan can hook up with a sugar mama (he already has a potential sugar daddy in the form of Michael Darby) then he is probably going to leave Robyn in the dust.

Gizelle better be saving her coin. That ugly house is not going to be paying for itself. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 1/9/2024 at 3:23 PM, drivethroo said:

The toxic two in the group are Gizelle and Ashley, not Gizelle and Robyn.  If Gizelle and Ashley were off the show, it would be a completely different and lighter show.

They seem to be the head mean girls on this show. Candiace can be really nasty in person and on Twitter. 

I wonder what Monique is doing on. She was big on this show until she went nuts on Candiace. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

They seem to be the head mean girls on this show. Candiace can be really tasty in person and on Twitter. 

I wonder what Monique is doing on. She was big on this show until she went nuts on Candiace. 

She left her delicious husband  and was looking to downsize. I’d like to see her back but I would miss him. I think I read she was done with reality tv. She was on Love and Hip Hop which I didn’t watch but heard it was a doozy.

• Useful 2
On 1/9/2024 at 1:43 AM, ZettaK said:

The comments are more entertaining than the show!

It has BEEN this way for a while now.

LOVE the comments!

I'm only now watching S8. It's the only Housewives show I still bother with (because I live in DC) and I barely knew it had come back, much less that the entire season and the reunion eps had already aired.