Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Linda

AimingforYoko
  • Start Topic

On 12/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, peeayebee said:

I noticed the piccata recipe and a For Sale flyer, but I didn't get a good look at anything else there.

There was an advertisement for a conference regarding dolls.

• Like 2

Oh, this ended up being interesting: I got a few of my relatives to watch this season and they’re a little behind but have just recently come to this episode and I was having to explain to all three of them that the Camp Utopia scenes were a daydream. It totally went over their heads and they missed it completely. 

Which leads me to wonder how many viewers were like them? Not us, because we were on the ball, but I’m sure there’s a large portion of the audience who wonder what the point of Dot finding Linda was, only for her to die at the end of the episode. That’s what my relatives were wondering at first until I explained it. 

• Mind Blown 2

I don't see how someone can miss that. Dot was in the diner, the pancakes were put in front of her, then there's the whole thing with going to Camp Utopia, and then she's back at the diner with those pancakes in front of her. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I don't see how someone can miss that. Dot was in the diner, the pancakes were put in front of her, then there's the whole thing with going to Camp Utopia, and then she's back at the diner with those pancakes in front of her. 

I don’t either! But all three of them missed it. And they weren’t even watching it together — well, two of them were. But one relative texted me with questions to which I had to explain. And then a couple days later, it was the other two with the same issue. 

On 12/28/2023 at 5:18 AM, TakomaSnark said:

I'm with you. The performances and set pieces keep me coming back (so, an improvement on S3 and S4, both of which I bailed on very early) but compared with S1 or S2, there's just not a lot going on. There's only three episodes left!

I am enjoying this season but I suspect that a big reason there seems to be a lot less going on is that it doesn't have the crazy deep bench of talented, recognizable actors doing small roles like seasons 1 & 2 did. I mean those seasons has people like Kate Walsh, Nick Offerman and Ted Danson in supporting roles and Bruce Campbell and Stephen Root doing but parts. This season is mostly being carried by Juno Temple with support from Hamm, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Dave Foley. 

Also what was the deal with that crappy tracker that Gator was using. It had a light and a little gauge which would probably make it a pain to use. They had a bunch of tactical gear that they stole so why no GPS tracker.

And I finally realized who Wayne reminds me of. He looks like a young Ted Raimi. And I will take that as a Coen bros shout out since Ted's brother Sam directed Evil Dead which Joel was the assistant editor on. And Sam Raimi's early movies inspired the Coens to get into directing since if some other regular guy from the Midwest could make real movies, why not them.

• Like 3