Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: What if… Hela Found the Ten Rings?

• Start Topic

Growing weary of Hela's bloodlust, Odin opts to teach his daughter a lesson by stripping her of her powers and banishing her to Earth. But when she lands in ancient China, the seductive lure of the Ten Rings threatens to reawaken the Goddess of Death's villainous appetite.

Dropping Thursday, December 28, 2023.

This one was fun. I mean, I prefer Hela as a villain because she’s much more fun that way, but if there’s a Loki that wound up as the God of Stories, then Hela and the Seven Rings can work too.

Hela and Wenwu is a pairing I did not see coming.

• Like 5

Hela and Wenwu were a power couple I never knew I wanted until now.  Glad they got Cate Blanchett back for the role and she was a blast as I hoped.  Not surprised they couldn't get Tony Keung again but the actor playing Wenwu did a good job still.

I know we can debate for ages who is the worst father in MCU, but it really is impressive seeing how Odin just drops the ball every single time.  Frankly, it's almost impressive that his kids somehow didn't end up being even worse with his style of parenting.

• Like 3

That was good fun -- the role of Hela is so over the top, Cate Blanchett must have a blast performing it!

I enjoyed seeing the development of Hela the White... makes me wonder, What If... Hela Were the Lady of Lothlórien?

spacer.png

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

My only quibble is that the lessons of Ta Lo are healing but not necessarily permanent: in the main timeline Wenwu turned evil (ish) again after his wife was murdered. (I know, not the worst reason in the world to turn evil.)

It was cool hearing Cate Blanchett as Hela but I didn't really care for that one. I didn't really buy that Hela would turn good. Once she got her crown back I was totally expecting her to be like "nope" and quickly kill Odin. Plus there were a lot of weird little things.

Like if Odin could strip Hela of her powers and enchant her crown why didn't he do that in the main timeline to prevent her from coming back? And in the big fight at the end, if Hela was essential mortal, shouldn't a punch to the face from Odin done a ton of damage?

Also if she says that Frigga is Odin's girlfriend then who is Hela's mom?

I suppose Angrboða could still be her mother like in the myths. Either as a jötunn Odin dallied with, or as an Asgardian wife prior to Frigga. In Norse mythology Odin had a lot of kids by a lot of mothers, though Hela wasn't one of them.