Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Man With The Umbrella

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

Awesome!  Rule breaking will result in elimination. I bet the next 4 will come to a decision.

Turns out I was wrong; the dumb asses.  Just rock, paper, scissors for who chooses when.

Aw, 299, I want to hug you and tell you it will be ok.  He shared some really personal info in the DR.  He wanted to stand firm so badly but just couldn't do it. Hey, 432?  Try to not laugh in his face. 299 is a stress-mess.  It's best that he's gone.  That was hard to watch.

222 looks like a 70s Thor.

140  contestants gone in the 2nd round (over half again).

432, no! I cant believe he dropped out of college with 1 semester left  just to do this show.  It's so easy to say "I'll go back" but then... life happens and you don't.  Now I want to hug 432 and tell him it's gonna be ok. Am I gonna end up feeling for everybody on this show?

Mobbing the food tray is the human nature stuff I was looking for. 

re: The phone elimination.  All you'd have to do is say it's for you #whatever and hand it to them.

I'm liking this show so far.

Entertainment Weekly had an interesting article (11/22) where producers answered questions. It gave me a new perspective on the cookie challenge: "And the bake time and how far you pushed the cookie cutter in so it's fair to everybody and how you store the biscuits, it came down to them being vacuum packed and as each round of people went in, we had exactly 30 minutes from when we would open the biscuit, they'd have it in their tin, take their biscuit, sit down, start playing the games. It was exactly fair for every round of player that went in there. When you see it on screen, you don't appreciate the research and the testing that went into every game to make them as fair as possible." Also, it took 19 tries to get the recipe exactly right.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

I'm liking this show so far.

It's awesome.  It's like the original show all over again, without the bloody dead bodies.  I can't believe how stressed out I got watching random people lick cookies. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
On 11/23/2023 at 11:15 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I can't believe how stressed out I got watching random people lick cookies. 

I had to fast-forward through the cookie licking . It was too nauseating to watch.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I had to fast-forward through the cookie licking . It was too nauseating to watch.

It did get a bit icky when they just started spitting in the can. 

I wondered why the first 2 groups were doing a lot of licking, but the last 2 groups (with the harder shapes) seemed to spend more time with the pins. 

I thought they did a very interesting twist on this challenge since everyone would know they needed to avoid the umbrella. 

I felt so bad for poor bullied 299, who is probably gay but can't even contemplate that because he's LDS (aka Mormon). 

• Like 2

299 trying not to vomit was so gross.  I felt bad for him being he did get into taking the umbrella.  I was glad he rolled on his side before being shot in case he did vomit. He talked about how angry the other players would be with him, but no one will be as hard on him as he is on himself. 

I will now think frat boy whenever I see 432. I don't think the other player is afraid of meeting him on the outside. He is really alienating people.  He seems to know he's abrasive but he doesn't think he should adjust that to help him be successful in the game.

I could really do without the talking heads.  I would rather hear more of the conversations that the contestants have with each other. 

Jada grabbed that burger and ran.  Damn.  She was hungry. 

198 has no poker face.  It's hard to convince someone to take the call when you make that face.  

• Like 2
On 11/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, TomGirl said:

I suspect it was even worse than what we saw. We heard that one guy instructing his group to lick and spit. They probably edited out a lot of the spitting. I'm glad I wasn't eating during this episode. You could see a lot of the cookies were very gooey-looking. 

Frankly this all seemed a bit silly to me, people crying and carrying on as if they were really about to be shot dead. I know it's a lot of money but they came into this game with only and one in 450+ chance of winning it.

• Like 1
On 12/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, iMonrey said:

Frankly this all seemed a bit silly to me, people crying and carrying on as if they were really about to be shot dead. I know it's a lot of money but they came into this game with only and one in 450+ chance of winning it.

I agree! I can’t get over the drama from some of these people.