Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: This Missive, This Machination!

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Kind of wild if they really did bring Allen back just to kill him off already.  So, I'm guessing the leader of the Coalition of Planets might be the mole?  If so, why would he ask Allen to look into it in the first place?  Maybe something else is going on.  Hopefully it will be explained later.  Loved them getting voiceover vet Peter Cullen to play him, even if all of his characters will always sound a little like Optimus Prime.

Debbie finds a support group, only to likely be thrown out of it already since one of the members is the partner of one of the heroes Omni-Man killed.  I hope she finds some kind of help.

Kind of bored with all of the Guardians of the Globe drama.

Knew something was up with the alien needing Mark's help, but I didn't predict that it was all leading to reuniting with Nolan and him being some kind of leader for this new civilization.

Got a chuckle out of the narrator freaking out anytime sexy times was going down.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Kind of wild if they really did bring Allen back just to kill him off already.  So, I'm guessing the leader of the Coalition of Planets might be the mole?  If so, why would he ask Allen to look into it in the first place?  Maybe something else is going on.  Hopefully it will be explained later.  Loved them getting voiceover vet Peter Cullen to play him, even if all of his characters will always sound a little like Optimus Prime.

Debbie finds a support group, only to likely be thrown out of it already since one of the members is the partner of one of the heroes Omni-Man killed.  I hope she finds some kind of help.

Kind of bored with all of the Guardians of the Globe drama.

Knew something was up with the alien needing Mark's help, but I didn't predict that it was all leading to reuniting with Nolan and him being some kind of leader for this new civilization.

Got a chuckle out of the narrator freaking out anytime sexy times was going down.

I don't think the leader's actions will actually result in killing off Allen. Also, even if they do, the existence of a multiverse means that we may yet get more Allen.

We haven't been told/shown enough about the Coalition of Planets to explain why/how the Viltrumites don't just wipe them off the board. If three Viltrumites could just make such short work of Allen one would have to imagine that a concerted effort by the Viltrumites would make the Coalition of Planets irrelevant.

So one possibility that occurs to me is that the Viltrumites allow a token resistance to exist for reasons.

Another possibility is that the entity who seems to be turning down Allen's life support is not the actual leader. Shapeshifting/"glamours" were shown to exist in this universe with Seance Dog and the Shapesmith. So it could be that the leader has been subbed out.

• Like 1

Obligatory joke about how the most unrealistic thing in the episode is the size of the college dorm rooms.

Mark, did you ever wonder how the alien knew who you were?

I'm also fairly certain a student who vanishes for a month for "reasons" has no hope of just coming back and continuing the semester as if nothing happened.

Right? How is William gonna cover for him for several weeks? Especially since neither have attended a single class. Have they even registered? William is so annoying. 

Debbie is going through it.  I don't know why Olga referred her to a group that included other heroes murdered by Omni-Man.  Just because she doesn't blame Debbie doesn't mean others would be cool with her in the group. I feel more compassion for her than Mark. Probably not fair, but there it is. Debbie is the most interesting character for me, as I'm not a fan of the superhero/regular person trope. Nolan/Debbie is an extreme example of why. 

• Like 2
On 11/17/2023 at 9:32 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

So one possibility that occurs to me is that the Viltrumites allow a token resistance to exist for reasons.

I figured it was because they had a mole in the Coalition. That way the resistance is an organized group they're controlling, instead of scattered cells.

On a shipping note, s1 made me think the show would eventually pivot to Mark/Eve but right now, Amber is being written so strongly and Eve is being such a platonic superhero BFF that I really hope they keep it this way. Love triangle-free and everyone being happy in their dynamics. 

Edited by ursula
On 11/16/2023 at 11:13 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Loved them getting voiceover vet Peter Cullen to play him, even if all of his characters will always sound a little like Optimus Prime.

Soon as he started talking, oh hey Optimus Prime....LOL

I enjoyed this episode, mostly for Allen the Alien and the stuff with the Coalition. I feel really sorry for Debbie, she's justifiably angry and lost, her life has kind of been a lie and, I'm sure there's a ton of guilt for never seeing the real Nolan.

They must have read the complaints about Amber last year because she's much better written.  I still prefer Mark and Eve but, at this point I just want more Eve. I understand why she's taking a break from Heroing but, I hope she finds her way back soon enough