Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: No Loose Ends

• Start Topic

This is probably the best for the entire series for me. The usual complaint of writing that I have doesn’t apply to this episode. This episode makes more sense than all of the episodes before it.

Reeves is killed at night, all that blood spilled on the floor and mirror, Tommy and Diamond got it all clean up efficiently and the body buried at CBI cemetery (probably next to Bennigan) just in time for breakfast. Well done!

New parole officer arrives a few days later day with four cops and couldn't find any blood. They went downstairs and didn't even stumble on any drugs. How convenient!

Diamond got approved for early release as his Parole Officer is missing?? Huh! Who vouched for him? Why approve him so fast and not wait for any suspicion cleared on Diamond about Reeves' disappearance?!!

What proof did Diamond have that Jamal told Reeves about him? It wasn't an official statement. He told Reeves in the parking lot. Or was Diamond just guessing after Jamal told him "it's his last goodbye"? Now Gianna is all alone now. She will have to sense Diamond killed him. Is she OK with it and not go to the police?!

Poor Bennigan. No one is looking for his corrupt ass.

Roberto Ortega (Marquez Cartel) is "enchanted" with Claudia. Poor guy has no taste. 

Stacy and Vic always meet at FBI HQ and now decide to meet at night on the street in her SUV while she sips her coffee. Of course, Tommy just happens to know the right time and where their meet is located to know Vic is the snitch. How convenient!

For a moment, I thought Tommy was going to drive by and shoot Stacy and Vic.

Tommy took Jenny Su's car but I'm sure he would never let her drive his car. Jenny most likely sat on the bench for hours waiting for Tommy to return in view of his car. 

Difranco is talking about "legal and by the book" but he can bend the rules to bang Stacy in her office. Fools couldn't be decent and at least close the door.

The FBI admits Tommy's loft is a "fortress" and it's hard to infiltrate his place. They are so inept. 

Tommy has all this Best Buy surveillance equipment; doesn't seem he checks it often and still lets anyone show up, walk in at any time and doesn't check for bugs.

Stacy telling Mireya about Lakeisha was for nothing. Mireya never asked Tommy how she died or if he killed her. Tommy got in her pants a few minutes later and now Mireya is trying to make contingency plans for them to move to Barcelona. Nice try Stacy!!!!

Tommy told Mireya to stay at his place for a few days, don't go anywhere. She doesn't have a job at the hospital.

See ya Abuelita! She didn't have any sense "trouble" was coming when the guy told her Nunez is not there to drive, and she was the one to warn Miguel: Nunez is a disgruntled employee and to watch out for him. Abuelita was slipping!

How did Miguel not immediately suspect Nunez to be the one? He told grandma "Nunez brought his car back". Miguel is a sorry crime boss.

Enjoy that last "Menudo" grandma made Miguel. Slow bites and sips.

Nunez is not a smart man or real ballsy to park his car right in front of the Serb's restaurant in broad daylight as if word will never get back to Miguel.

I am assuming Nunez went to the restaurant to warn Mirkovic of the upcoming attack at 7 pm. before Tommy took him. Couldn't Nunez have called or texted him with this valuable intel earlier and Mirkovic plan a surprise ambush on Miguel? Nope! Nunez had to go in person so he can try and get free food!!!!

Miguel trying turn Diamond away from Tommy. That will not happen.

Don't call Elise "Becky". Well! Excuse me! Who is her mother to have many friends just give her all that cash?? Shanti is dying to knock her out!

Elise has been in love with Claudia since the 7th grade. What the hell do people see in her? 

Kate doesn't know to put the empty bottles in the recycle bin? She must really be distraught over DMac! SMH! I was hoping JP would give her a lecture on trash separation, but he just gave her the "boring" talk about accepting her amends and the truth about DMac.

DMac got his ass kicked at the academy, got one lucky hit in and ran away. Leon could have learned from this strategy.

Good job by Dmac to turn the blame on JP to make him feel guilty. Did he forget he killed a cop??!!!

Tommy takes quick pisses. Vic thought he had more time planting that bug.

Respect to Miguel for punctuality. 7 P.M. is the hit and they arrive for shooting not a minute before or a minute after! But he doesn't get good marks for tactics. He didn't study the layout of the restaurant or have any men to cover the back door in case Mirkovic escaped. Lost your one chance Miguel. Sloppy work! Che is noticing!!!!

Will Tommy ever learn when is the appropriate time to talk to Che about business?

Mad Dog is not affiliated to any gang but can't be touched because he is the nephew of King Kilo? Since when does that stop Diamond??!!! King Kilo wouldn't have to know Diamond or Jenard did it. Could be some random person.

I am not sure Vic will be killed next week. I can see Claudia/Elise or JP or Mirkovic going.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

What proof did Diamond have that Jamal told Reeves about him? It wasn't an official statement. He told Reeves in the parking lot. Or was Diamond just guessing after Jamal told him "it's his last goodbye"?

I'm sure it was a guess after Jamal talked his shit. Jamal said "you ain't gon be around much longer?"

That's a pretty big clue as to who snitched to the PO.

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Stacy and Vic always meet at FBI HQ and now decide to meet at night on the street in her SUV while she sips her coffee. Of course, Tommy just happens to know the right time and where their meet is located to know Vic is the snitch. How convenient!

For a moment, I thought Tommy was going to drive by and shoot Stacy and Vic.

Tommy took Jenny Su's car but I'm sure he would never let her drive his car. Jenny most likely sat on the bench for hours waiting for Tommy to return in view of his car. 

It's also convenient that when the bug gets planted that Tommy suddenly stops talking about business in his apartment. Where did he meet Jenny, on the roof?

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Difranco is talking about "legal and by the book" but he can bend the rules to bang Stacy in her office. Fools couldn't be decent and at least close the door.

That doesn't count. It's not illegal, and they're doing it by some books. 🤣

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Stacy telling Mireya about Lakeisha was for nothing. Mireya never asked Tommy how she died or if he killed her. Tommy got in her pants a few minutes later and now Mireya is trying to make contingency plans for them to move to Barcelona. Nice try Stacy!!!!

I never thought that was going anywhere anyway. I assume that Stacy believes Tommy killed Lakeisha and that's why she brought it up. I guess Stacy (or anybody else) don't know about Holly. 😂

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

See ya Abuelita! She didn't have any sense "trouble" was coming when the guy told her Nunez is not there to drive, and she was the one to warn Miguel: Nunez is a disgruntled employee and to watch out for him. Abuelita was slipping!

They made it sooo obvious that Grandma was gonna die.

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Enjoy that last "Menudo" grandma made Miguel. Slow bites and sips.

Didn't she leave the recipe for Mireya? Tommy might be getting Abuelita's menudo from Mireya now 🤣

5 hours ago, mxc90 said:

How did Miguel not immediately suspect Nunez to be the one? He told grandma "Nunez brought his car back". Miguel is a sorry crime boss.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Nunez is not a smart man or real ballsy to park his car right in front of the Serb's restaurant in broad daylight as if word will never get back to Miguel.

I'll give a slight benefit of the doubt at first because you never know if Nunez was in the car but once they confirmed that it was only Grandma... then what?

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Don't call Elise "Becky". Well! Excuse me! Who is her mother to have many friends just give her all that cash?? Shanti is dying to knock her out!

Elise has been in love with Claudia since the 7th grade. What the hell do people see in her?

I will never get the "rich people wanting to deal drug" theme that they have going on in the Power universe. They all come from well-off families and they want to be in the drug game... why?

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

...and in a very noticeable car.

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Kate doesn't know to put the empty bottles in the recycle bin? She must really be distraught over DMac! SMH! I was hoping JP would give her a lecture on trash separation, but he just gave her the "boring" talk about accepting her amends and the truth about DMac.

Are we thinking that DMac is gonna die?

6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Mad Dog is not affiliated to any gang but can't be touched because he is the nephew of King Kilo? Since when does that stop Diamond??!!! King Kilo wouldn't have to know Diamond or Jenard did it. Could be some random person.

I am not sure Vic will be killed next week. I can see Claudia/Elise or JP or Mirkovic going.

I can see Vic going but I'm also not sure. Mad Dog probably dying also.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm sure it was a guess after Jamal talked his shit. Jamal said "you ain't gon be around much longer?"

That's a pretty big clue as to who snitched to the PO.

Also, that warning could have been interpreted: Diamond was going to be killed soon by Jamal or by a hired hitter. 

Diamond never considered an upset Gianna or a rival crew talked? 

It's also convenient that when the bug gets planted that Tommy suddenly stops talking about business in his apartment. Where did he meet Jenny, on the roof?

The show has now given "The Punisher" Tommy Egan "Spidey Senses". 

You're right. It was the roof. No way Tommy let her wait in his place with Mireya there. She stayed on the roof and maybe Tommy was gracious enough to give her a blanket to stay warm.

That doesn't count. It's not illegal, and they're doing it by some books. 🤣

It's not illegal! "By some books...." Good One! LOL!

I had to look back. Difranco said "Ethical". Take that shit home!!!!! You know the poor cleaning person is going touch that spot and get their fingers on something unpleasant. 

I never thought that was going anywhere anyway. I assume that Stacy believes Tommy killed Lakeisha and that's why she brought it up. I guess Stacy (or anybody else) don't know about Holly. 😂

Stacy doesn't do her homework. She took blind faith hoping Mireya would be upset and snitch.

Holly should be in the Fed's records when they brought her in for questioning about Tommy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets fired by the end of her time on the show.

They made it sooo obvious that Grandma was gonna die.

Yeah. Once they brought up "Nunez", "Car", it was over for her.

Didn't she leave the recipe for Mireya? Tommy might be getting Abuelita's menudo from Mireya now 🤣

Abuelita said she was going to teach Mireya. The recipe is gone! Mireya will have to learn a lesser version from YouTube.

I'll give a slight benefit of the doubt at first because you never know if Nunez was in the car but once they confirmed that it was only Grandma... then what?

The guy that told grandma: Nunez never showed up, must have told Miguel the same afterwards. Plus, at the Quinceanera, grandma told Miguel he disrespected Nunez and to watch out for him. If Mireya can easily suspect Nunez, then the big time crime boss Miguel should have been 10 steps ahead of her and thought the same. Nope! He was caught by surprise when Tommy dragged him in only wearing his briefs.

Miguel is Trash!!!!!!!!!

I will never get the "rich people wanting to deal drug" theme that they have going on in the Power universe. They all come from well-off families and they want to be in the drug game... why?

The only well-off family that seemed not dirty I can think of was that brief introduction to Cooper Saxe's Family.

The Westons, St. Patricks, Flynns, Tejadas, Castillos, Thomas, etc... all no good. 

...and in a very noticeable car.

That man never heard of the words "incognito", "sneaky", "stealth", "Enterprise Rental Car"?

He got what he deserved! 

Miguel never gave him a chance tell his side of the story. 

Are we thinking that DMac is gonna die?

I think he will survive.

I can see Vic going but I'm also not sure. Mad Dog probably dying also.

With Vic, it seems they are leading to his demise next week, but the show is trying to not be predictable. I can see something come up and Tommy will spare him.

If King Kilo is going to be a big character next season, I can see Mad Dog being killed to spark a conflict with Diamond.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

The only well-off family that seemed not dirty I can think of was that brief introduction to Cooper Saxe's Family.

The Westons, St. Patricks, Flynns, Tejadas, Castillos, Thomas, etc... all no good. 

But the Westons were scammers, not drug dealers... and they all assumed they were still legitimately wealthy, and Brayden's dumbass wanted to deal drugs.

But why Becky? Why does Becky whose family owns these clubs and whatnot want to be in the drug game?

35 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

With Vic, it seems they are leading to his demise next week, but the show is trying to not be predictable. I can see something come up and Tommy will spare him.

I can see Tommy using Vic to set up someone else now that he knows Vic is snitching.

39 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Yeah. Once they brought up "Nunez", "Car", it was over for her.

In the beginning when Miguel said she was going to kill Tommy, he also said they were getting on a plane to Mexico and Abuelito will be returning like the queen that she is, I thought that was the first sign that she was dying soon. I thought "Mmhmm. Grandma is not long for this world. She's not returning anywhere."

Separately, I just find myself asking why didn't they create a girlfriend or wife for Miguel that can make him menudo and give him his insulin shots, rather than his sister.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

But the Westons were scammers, not drug dealers... and they all assumed they were still legitimately wealthy, and Brayden's dumbass wanted to deal drugs.

But why Becky? Why does Becky whose family owns these clubs and whatnot want to be in the drug game?

I see. I'll exclude them. It's just Uncle Weston and Brayden. The father, mother and sister are clean. 

Becky's only purpose to be in the game seems to be she in love with Claudia and wants to be on her good side. She needs more of a back story to explain her motivations. She just seems to be a lame character to fill in a void for money purposes after the father was eliminated.

17 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I can see Tommy using Vic to set up someone else now that he knows Vic is snitching.

Yes. Tommy can use him to set up Miguel or Che or Shanti to get Stacy off his tail. Vic will tell him there is a bug in his place to try to get back in Tommy's good graces. They can put fake info on the record.

21 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Separately, I just find myself asking why didn't they create a girlfriend or wife for Miguel that can make him menudo and give him his insulin shots, rather than his sister.

Miguel told her to come over and give him a kiss. What brother acts that way to his sister? 

• Like 1
On 11/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, mxc90 said:

Diamond got approved for early release as his Parole Officer is missing??

Also, the hearing was after hours! Where they do that at?

On 11/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, mxc90 said:

DMac got his ass kicked at the academy, got one lucky hit in and ran away. Leon could have learned from this strategy.

Good job by Dmac to turn the blame on JP to make him feel guilty. Did he forget he killed a cop??!!!

I love how DMac, Kate, and JP all act like Tommy just sent DMac away for no reason. Dude, you shot a cop in the head AND you don't know how to keep your mouth shut! He's gonna die.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I love how DMac, Kate, and JP all act like Tommy just sent DMac away for no reason. Dude, you shot a cop in the head AND you don't know how to keep your mouth shut! He's gonna die.

Probably should have shipped him to an island in Hawaii.

I feel like there’s only one purpose to bring DMac back, and that is to kill him off.

21 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Yes. Tommy can use him to set up Miguel or Che or Shanti to get Stacy off his tail. Vic will tell him there is a bug in his place to try to get back in Tommy's good graces. They can put fake info on the record.

Speaking of Shanti, it seems less likely that she’s gonna die by the end of the season. A few episodes ago, Shanti dying seemed likely.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I feel like there’s only one purpose to bring DMac back, and that is to kill him off.

He is behind Claudia on my Most Annoying Character list.

He can go!

19 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Speaking of Shanti, it seems less likely that she’s gonna die by the end of the season. A few episodes ago, Shanti dying seemed likely.

Not dying, but I can see her getting set up to go to jail by Tommy or Jenard.

21 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Also, the hearing was after hours! Where they do that at?

The Parole Board were so inspired by Diamond's speech and Ghost Reeves appeared to tell them to get it done.

• LOL 1

E9

Shanti is dressing much better since she's been in cahoots with Claudia. More sleek Ann Taylor-ish stuff versus baggy athletic wear.

Of course Darnell screwed up at the military school. It's a wonder he lasted as long as he did.

Did Che actually say to Tommy, "I respect your awesome"?  Lol.

Jenard coming in clutch with the DOC investigator. He and Diamond lie like they breathe.

Okay, Leon's father ratted Diamond out. And now he's dead. Snitches get stitches--or baptized with extreme prejudice.

JP have you met Kate before? You tell her to stay away from Darnell, she'll make a beeline right to him. Even if she knows it'll risk his life.

Elise is a real one. You can't beat a Birkin bag full of $$$$ in clean cash.

Whoa, get it Stacy. Hope your janitorial staff wipes off your desk after you and Bobby leave. (Guess reddit didn't like it though. Someone over there said Bobby and Stacy were "cringe to the max." Heh.)

Ya burnt, Vic. WITSEC doesn't take dead people.

Tommy just happens to know the right time and where their meet is located to know Vic is the snitch. How convenient!

I think Tommy likely followed Vic to the meet.

Could be some random person.

There's a theory afoot that Diamond will make D-Mac kill King Kilo's nephew. 

Edited by Joimiaroxeu