Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Immortimas Patrol

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

On 10/21/2023 at 2:25 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm generally not a fan of musical episodes but, this was entertaining.  I'm enjoying Dorothy this season.

I liked Dorothy in this episode, and Casey is growing on me. 

This was an unashamedly musical Musical Episode, I really liked the Immortimus sweaters. It was also great to see the characters explore their own issues with safety and risk taking. 

Poor Cliff, with what appeared to be years of urine to spread over the flowers, and the need to let the wind blow on his penis. Getting rid of Isabelle was shown to be a decision that wasn't an unmixed blessing for any of them.

And there is still that butt loose in the house.... 

• Like 2

I watched this again and realized (stupidly, I guess) that this is Dorothy's exit from the show. It is clever to do it a few episodes before the actual end, and having her leave with Casey (and with Danny as a backup) makes it a happy journey. She has put away her imaginary friends, too.

• Like 1

This one was just gleefully nutballs, yet, strangely, with absolutely amazing production values. Is one of Jane's personalities a broadway star? Holy crap, she was nailing it. And so were Cliff, Larry, 104, Isabortus, Rouge, Rita, Cyborg, the Sex Ghosts... 

And: yeah, yeah, "Buffy" did the "trapped in a muscial universe by an evil being" schtick first. But "Doom Patrol" did it better. Or, at least, more consistently well. Largely because Doom's contribution to the genre does not include any of those slow boring filler tunes that other musicals always want to kludj in there to pad out their list with.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:18 AM, CletusMusashi said:

yeah, yeah, "Buffy" did the "trapped in a muscial universe by an evil being" schtick first. But "Doom Patrol" did it better.

Xena did it before Buffy and better. IMO, Xena is still the best...Supernatural comes a close second.