Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E03: Laura Linney, Dawn French, Ade Edmondson, London Hughes

• Start Topic

I know they cut these shows for airing in the U.S., but do they appear differently depending on which provider you use?

This was my first time watching one on Spectrum on demand.  They completely cut the introduction to London Hughes, so I had no idea who she was--all we got was Graham sweeping his hand back while saying, "London Hughes!"

Graham said he would get to whatever was blurred out on Dawn French's medallion thing, but never mentioned it.  They blurred and bleeped out every mention of London Hughes's book or show or whatever it is.  Was it "dick"?  And did the same with whatever Dawn French was promoting, and I never did figure that one out.

I shouldn't be expected to mentally run through every "bad" word I know trying to find a match, especially since my British bad word vocabulary is limited.

Then when he was ending the show, I could swear I saw a shadow on London Hughes, but she was on the end of the couch, so I thought I was losing my mind.  Then they cut away from her, and then back to her, and there was a slice of an arm.  So apparently there was a musical guest we never saw or even heard mention of?

Actually, that doesn't bother me that much because I pretty much always skip them, but I like to know they were part of the show.

I used to watch the show on DirecTV and there were cuts but nothing as bad as this.  Should I be mad at BBC America or Spectrum?

London Hughes didn't get an intro in the BBC-A version. And twat and dick were blurred/bleeped. I'm pretty sure it's BBC-A doing the censoring.

LOL at Graham's answer to Laura Linney when she asked him if he'd been to Lourdes: "Of course! Look at me!" Hee.

I wonder why Dawn French was able to talk about Death on the Nile. Maybe Dawn French isn't a member of SAG-AFTRA?

• Useful 1

I loved listening to the origin story of Eddie Monsoon.  This is the kind of Britcom trivia I live for. 

On 10/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

So aparently there was a musical guest we never saw or even heard mention of?

Actually, that doesn't bother me that much because I pretty much always skip them, but I like to know they were part of the show.

SugaBabes got squeezed out.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I know they cut these shows for airing in the U.S., but do they appear differently depending on which provider you use?

This was my first time watching one on Spectrum on demand.  They completely cut the introduction to London Hughes, so I had no idea who she was--all we got was Graham sweeping his hand back while saying, "London Hughes!"

Graham said he would get to whatever was blurred out on Dawn French's medallion thing, but never mentioned it.  They blurred and bleeped out every mention of London Hughes's book or show or whatever it is.  Was it "dick"?  And did the same with whatever Dawn French was promoting, and I never did figure that one out.

I shouldn't be expected to mentally run through every "bad" word I know trying to find a match, especially since my British bad word vocabulary is limited.

Then when he was ending the show, I could swear I saw a shadow on London Hughes, but she was on the end of the couch, so I thought I was losing my mind.  Then they cut away from her, and then back to her, and there was a slice of an arm.  So apparently there was a musical guest we never saw or even heard mention of?

I used to watch the show on DirecTV and there were cuts but nothing as bad as this.  Should I be mad at BBC America or Spectrum?

The show is also being aired on Acorn this year if you have that. I suspect (but don't know for sure) it's likely unedited. 

• Like 1