Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Rome's Not Where The Heart Is

• Start Topic

Love conflicts with the truth for Raneka; Melissa and Louie's first date goes south.

Original air date 2023.10.13

Andy may have gotten the episode title, but wetv didn't bother to mention the love that lasts for seconds in the episode description. 😁 Is Raneka still insisting that Asonta is her "my man"?  Does Donna show up on Louie and Melissa's date wearing her housecoat and wielding her spoon?   

• Like 4
On 10/7/2023 at 8:27 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Original air date 2023.10.13

Andy may have gotten the episode title, but wetv didn't bother to mention the love that lasts for seconds in the episode description. 😁 Is Raneka still insisting that Asonta is her "my man"?  Does Donna show up on Louie and Melissa's date wearing her housecoat and wielding her spoon?   

I am admittedly not the best person at reading social queues, but everything I could see from that dance instructor seemed professional to me.  At her age, fitness, social standing, I think she could easily bag a man with more teeth..

It also seems kind of gross that 43yo Melissa wants to relive her prom.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Redd/Graylin's mom is one of the smart ones.  She is nice to Joynomi, yet is also honest that with Redd being locked up for 10 years she doesn't know if he'll be ready for an insta-family. She seems to understand that both Joynomi and Redd need to be ready for their relationship and that it is okay of they're not right now.  Of course, there are a million red flags that Redd couldn't ever see her in person because he supposedly wasn't allowed visitors.  I also love that she checked her daughter and pointed out that she needed to stay out of Redd and Joynomi's relationship.  

It's funny how both Mikey and Louie from Lakeland got the same info from their POs about potentially moving out of state.  Mikey and Chelsea saw the 45 days as a positive.  Melissa and Louie saw it as a problem.  The ones more likely to be successful at life are the ones who can accept you don't get everything the second you want it. 

Family tree explained:  Brittany > partner Kerok > Prison mom Kelly > wife  Coffy > tiny dog Foxy Lady 

IIRC Andy moved to Rome which is not where he was living.  He is obviously in a furnished rental with a multitude of couches and generic artwork.  So how does his son have friends to go visit?  I am so confused.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Kerock sitting at the table looks TINY, like smaller than Derek from last season. I give him props for being able to haul Brittney's (flat) ass over those puddles. 

I don't think Bri is going to be able to compromise on the baby thing, though.

Joynomi is just a mess. We haven't seen any 'throws her legs around jailbird's waist as they meet for the first time' scenes in the previews, so I'm thinking Red/Graylen opts for more misbehavior/additional jail time instead..

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

So how does his son have friends to go visit? 

And that was like a five-minute nap.

Classy of Mikey to wipe the spilled sugar onto the floor.  Life hack: wipe it on to your palm and then turn palm over trash receptacle.

Chelsea coughs all night and then smokes. 

You would think that desk clerk would be fired for giving out a guest’s room number.  Could be an abusive ex or a stalker asking.  But the hotel must have been on board if it had no problem releasing that security video.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Kerock sitting at the table looks TINY, like smaller than Derek from last season. I give him props for being able to haul Brittney's (flat) ass over those puddles. 

I don't think Bri is going to be able to compromise on the baby thing, though.

Joynomi is just a mess. We haven't seen any 'throws her legs around jailbird's waist as they meet for the first time' scenes in the previews, so I'm thinking Red/Graylen opts for more misbehavior/additional jail time instead..

If he wasn’t released this season, wouldn’t they have been on Love During Lock Up instead?

• Like 1

Donna brought her wooden spoon to break down the door of the probation office, because you know her 40 year old son needs her by his side at the probation office. Hungover and in a house dress and all.

Brittney treating Andy like a fifth wheel is uncomfortable to watch.

Kerok and company AND the doctor seem to need refresher courses in biology. The doctor says if they are going to have kids, Kerok needs to take female hormones. Apparently he thinks an egg from each party will produce a a baby. HHmm.Then they are talking about IVF, and *finally* it dawns on whatshername that a sperm donor may be the answer. They'd better go that route if they want to have a child with more smarts than them.

Joynomi had sex with THREE men and doesn't know which one is the father of her son. These people are fast! Next up, she says her boo is not innocent in the situation because he "made her wait." Apparently I'm confused about how incarceration works.

Mikey seems like a nice guy and I actually have hope for him and Chelsea.

Raneka, still chasing Asonte. They're after him like a herd of turtles.

Edited by renatae
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, renatae said:

Apparently he thinks an egg from each party will produce a a baby.

I thought in an earlier episode they wanted to use Kerok’s egg and then have an embryo carried by Britney.  They thought even if the baby didn’t have Britney’s DNA it would have her blood lol.

Joynomi had sex with THREE men

If she cheated with three men just during her conception window I bet she cheated with others during the many years they have been together.

because he "made her wait."

Her story was he was supposed to be out years ago but misbehaved and his outdate was extended.  So she was punishing him for that.  It’s all so childish.

• Like 3

Then plan was to use IVF with Kerok's egg implanted into Brittany's uterus.  In that way, Brittany would be having Kerok's baby.  I think they both knew sperm would be involved in the conception; however, I don't think they thought through whose it would be. 

Joynomi's story is very sad to me.  I'm not sure she consensually had sex with three different guys.  I worry that she was drunk, wanted to have sex with one, and others took advantage.  She didn't say anything at the time because she blamed herself for being drunk.  It seems highly unlikely that she would have sought out three men within a couple of weeks given her limited sexual experience. 

She's been "with" Redd for seven years.  She has never met him in person.  He was the one telling her she couldn't come see him because he was in the SHU.  Also, from what she's said, he would ghost her for long periods of time.  It sounds like he has played with her emotionally throughout their relationship.  Unfortunately she has such extremely low self esteem, she is an easy mark. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Then plan was to use IVF with Kerok's egg implanted into Brittany's uterus.  In that way, Brittany would be having Kerok's baby.  I think they both knew sperm would be involved in the conception; however, I don't think they thought through whose it would be. 

I don't think the sperm donor was the deal-breaker for Kerok - going off of testosterone and reverting to ovulating was.  That does sound like it would be very jarring.  Compared to Gabe, they're being a lot less forthcoming about Kerok's treatment, but based on their conversation with the older inmate, he hasn't had top or bottom surgery.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I don't think the sperm donor was the deal-breaker for Kerok - going off of testosterone and reverting to ovulating was.  That does sound like it would be very jarring.  Compared to Gabe, they're being a lot less forthcoming about Kerok's treatment, but based on their conversation with the older inmate, he hasn't had top or bottom surgery.

He started medical transition in prison with hormones only.  I only mentioned the sperm donor in relation to the other poster's comment.  That is, I don't think that Kerok and Brit didn't understand that one was needed; they just weren't at that point yet. I agree; the dealbreaker for Kerok is going off of testosterone and taking hormone shots to encourage ovulation.  While Brit is trying, she does not understand the extreme body dysmorphia that Kerok feels and that this is very different from not liking the shape of her butt. She is trying to be empathetic, but she cannot because they are very different situations. 

• Like 3

Joynomi's self-esteem is in the pits of hell. I'm not sure if she's willfully ignorant or really this naive to think there's a fairy tale ending in store for her. The sister needs to mind her business and worry about why her nose ring has connecting chains. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

The sister needs to mind her business and worry about why her nose ring has connecting chains. 

There is a certain "bless her heart" element to someone who's obviously never been in a fistfight.   That seems extremely impractical to someone who has..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, anoninrva said:

There is a certain "bless her heart" element to someone who's obviously never been in a fistfight.   That seems extremely impractical to someone who has..

I guess she won't be throwing down in a parking lot after taking off her pink fur hooded coat.  😁

• LOL 4