Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Mission Out of Control Room

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

So, Lana spares no expense for a giant control center to make sure nothing goes wrong on a mission, and naturally everything goes wrong amazingly quick. Hubris and Cheryl are not a good combo. The moment Lana and Cheryl went to get drunk I thought "...She forgot to account for extractions, didn't she?" She did. So...is everyone but Archer and Cyril dead after that?

Of course Archer gets distracted by wanting to bang the hacker's mom. And of course it actually works out for him. And of course Pam would name her team Ballsfor (slapping your chin!)

I really liked Krieger and Zara becoming buddies. Can't believe we missed him going ham on some bats with what appeared to be a lightsaber.

• Like 1

Lana is still way too unhinged. Cheryl was right, and Lana should know better. 

Pam - "Counterpoint. Deez guns."

On 10/4/2023 at 8:32 PM, Galileo908 said:

Of course Archer gets distracted by wanting to bang the hacker's mom.

Distraction? The mom found them in the basement with the mainframe. I'd say he neutralized a possible threat with nonlethal force. And none of that warm beer!

• Like 2

Once again, I'm thinking Lana might be the most neurotic member of the agency. So many missions have gone sideways on or around her, and she thought it would be stable with a master control center. Well, maybe if she had an entirely new set of agents. Lucky for us, she was stuck with the ones she had. And also Cheryl, who brought a spoiled large sub to a mission.

I watched this episode on demand. Was there any previews for the finale? I'm thinking Archer got the girl because that would be the last big win for him. He won on so many levels, and he started the mission in freaking New Jersey. With Cyril.

On 10/4/2023 at 10:32 PM, Galileo908 said:

I really liked Krieger and Zara becoming buddies. Can't believe we missed him going ham on some bats with what appeared to be a lightsaber.

I think there was an episode of Sealab 2021 that ended like that . . . .with all the awesome stuff happening off-screen.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Please tell me this isn't how Archer ends.  If it is, then it right up there with Game of Thrones and Dexter in terms of bad series endings.  We had no closer with Barry, no big confrontation with Katya, know answer to Nikolai's words back in season three, "Nothing is what it seems".

Oh, I'm mad about this.  Really mad.  Venture Brothers had a much better ending than this.  It filled in a bunch of plot holes.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bmoore4026 said:

Please tell me this isn't how Archer ends.  If it is, then it right up there with Game of Thrones and Dexter in terms of bad series endings.  We had no closer with Barry, no big confrontation with Katya, know answer to Nikolai's words back in season three, "Nothing is what it seems".

Next week's the last one.

Apparently this wasn't meant to be the final season. FX just cancelled it.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Next week's the last one.

Apparently this wasn't meant to be the final season. FX just cancelled it.

See this is why The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers work - they use overarching narratives sparingly.