Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E10: Auditions 9

• Start Topic

I have a migraine so I am mostly watching from beneath an ice pack on my head.

I liked the 20yo dancer and the clown impressionist.

Dog act with a bunch of agility obstacles on the stage. "Does your dog do agility?" I loved the moment when Bogart flopped down on the floor looking bored when Howie was talking.

Is the Nigerian guy the new Sethward?

The GB group was good but certainly didn't help my headache. Gonna go throw up* and then go to bed**.

*probably not really, even though I want to. 🤢
** that part's true. 🛌🏻

• Hugs 5
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I have a migraine so I am mostly watching from beneath an ice pack on my head.

I liked the 20yo dancer and the clown impressionist.

Dog act with a bunch of agility obstacles on the stage. "Does your dog do agility?" I loved the moment when Bogart flopped down on the floor looking bored when Howie was talking.

Is the Nigerian guy the new Sethward?

The GB group was good but certainly didn't help my headache. Gonna go throw up* and then go to bed**.

*probably not really, even though I want to. 🤢
** that part's true. 🛌🏻

How on earth you could attempt to watch this dreck with a migraine is beyond me!  I might have to see if the dog show clip is on YouTube.  That's the only thing I miss about not watching AGT anymore.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

How on earth you could attempt to watch this dreck with a migraine is beyond me!  I might have to see if the dog show clip is on YouTube.  That's the only thing I miss about not watching AGT anymore.

Wasn’t much else I could do. Tried to eat some soup but even that wasn’t happening.  

I will say, if the Nigerian guy is the new Sethward at least he’s better looking. 

Here’s Bogart. 

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I liked it a bit more than the last few rounds, but I'm glad the auditions are over. 

Anyway, in the order of the list I copied from a Yahoo article:

• Ahmed Bharoocha: A standup comedian. - we got about 20 seconds of his routine about ants. I guess it was ok. 
  • Chibi Unity: A dance troupe from Japan. - they were ok. No where near the talent of the Mayyas, and not golden buzzer worthy, IMO. 
  • Daragh & Dexter: A dog act from Denver. - dumb. The dog was cute. 
  • Donovan Diaz: A 20-year-old dancer from New Jersey. - I don't like this kind of dance, and he didn't change my mind. 
  • Duo Davida: A balancing act from Cuba. - a half-naked couple from Latin America called Duo ____ twists or balances. We've seen much better versions of this act. 
  • Eduardo Antonio Trevino: Mariachi singer. - I really like him. Great energy. 
  • Heather & Bogart: A three-legged dog act. - meh. They seemed nice, but no "wow" factor. 
  • Improv Everywhere: An improv singing performance. - I actually liked the spectacle of the whole thing. Yes, a bit hokey, but we've seen much worse acts go through. 
  • Josh Alfred: A comedian. - at first I was "wtf is this?" but by the third time, he was actually funny. Second performance artist in 2 weeks. 
  • Kevin Li: Magician. - I really liked his act. He needs to up the showmanship. 
  • Morgan & Roxi: An aerial act. - we've seen this before, but they brought a good energy, and the hair part was cool. 
  • Papayaso: An impressionist from Chile. - I liked him a lot! Great impressionist, and total fake-out. 
  • Titos Tsai: A sword act. - he was ok. Very beautiful to watch, but I don't know where it's going. 

Next week is a fast-forward show for sure! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was going to list all the performances and give my critiques, but I just didn't feel like going to the trouble.  This season has been just a huge "BLAH" for me.  There isn't any act that I think is a sure winner.

So I'm just going to name a few acts that caught my eye whether they were good or bad.

Dance troupe from Japan -  They were just ok.  No where near the excitement and precision of The Mayyas.   Not GB material in my opinion.

The Mariachi singer -  I'll be rooting for him because he is from my home state, but I wouldn't pay to see him sing.

Aerial acts and dog acts are "dead end acts" to me.  There really isn't anything else to add that hasn't been done or attempted before to these type of acts.  Boring!

The male dancer -  I was telling my wife that I don't like this type of dancing because I don't get it!  I don't understand why people were tearing up.  Another snoozer!

The Improv group -  I kind of liked them but like Howie asked, what are they going to do next time?

Did I hear that next week will be the absolute last auditions or just a rehash of past auditions.  Whatever the case, I'll be in Las Vegas for a week of fun!  

See everyone later!

Edited by rr2911
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

Did I hear that next week will be the absolute last auditions or just a rehash of past auditions.  Whatever the case, I'll be in Las Vegas for a week of fun!  

Next week is Road to Lives - As the auditions come to a close, host Terry Crews previews some of the most memorable acts of the season moving on to the live shows.

Have fun in Vegas!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Next week is Road to Lives - As the auditions come to a close, host Terry Crews previews some of the most memorable acts of the season moving on to the live shows.

Have fun in Vegas!

Thank you!

• Like 1

AGT outdid themselves, which I thought near-impossible, by saving the final GB for the very last act to be auditioned, for this season.  What if they had spit the bit?  A retro GB for a previous "unworthy" act?  I can't imagine AGT would let the Group GB go to waste.  In any event, this was a stunning and gutsy ploy.  Here we have a perfect example of an act that was going to get voted through - no matter what.  The audition mattered not.  Do more than a very few actually matter?  It's one script for SYCO, many giant leaps (of faith) for us. 

Speaking of scripts.....Will AGT be able to function without benefit of striking folks?

• Like 2

I'm not sure, but I think reality TV is on a different contract system than other scripted TV, so AGT is what they have.

That might be why we got more audition rounds than usual; TPTB saw the strike coming, and tried to bleed the turnip as much as they could.

Adding another round of audience voting would have had the same effect, which might be a sign they should give the writers what they want.

• Like 1