Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Semifinals 2

• Start Topic

Your thread for this evening, which will presumably focus on yet more side-by-side racing. (sigh)

On a side note, I really wish they hadn't recorded next year's season this year, because that means, unless they are changing things just to change them, any major format changes are unlikely.  Also, some of my favorite ninjas are out this year, and two years is a long time to wait to see them again, if they even continue to compete.  

On the plus side (I suppose), I get a lot more done on Monday nights, just having this on in the background.

• Like 3

It occurred to me tonight that Akbar's yelling reminds me of comedian Chuck Nice on Star Talk Radio when he gets overexcited (which...it's a science podcast, it's interesting but it's not that exciting). This is not a good thing (since he's the reason I consider unsubscribing from said podcast every once in a while).

I opened this page before the show started and then didn't even think about writing any comment while I was watching. It's 9:45 and I just remembered to come back to it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SophiaD said:

On a side note, I really wish they hadn't recorded next year's season this year, because that means, unless they are changing things just to change them, any major format changes are unlikely.  Also, some of my favorite ninjas are out this year, and two years is a long time to wait to see them again, if they even continue to compete.  

I’m really curious how filming back to back will work. Are there teenagers in reserve to appear in the next season but not allowed to compete in this one? I had to chuckle when they asked, “ Is this Najee’s last season?”when they were probably filming the next season the following week.

With so many competitors falling, I’m finding close to zero excitement in the semifinals. At least in the old format, there was suspense until you saw the finishing times.

• Like 3

Can they just re-name this Teen ANW and declare one of the teens the winner now? Damn you Drew for making everything about the show now teen focused (it's all about speed) so a teen is guaranteed to win and there will be no  controversy with them. Sigh...

• Like 5

I watched it. I pity the film editors and I wonder how they will fill two hours next Monday. 

I should specify that fast forward remains an important part of my viewing experience and the mute button doesn't get as much work as it is appreciated through the whole would-be-hour.  It's not that the talking heads aren't good, I don't know how anyone could have anything to say that would add to the steaming mess they've been served.

There's a reason greyhound races aren't big on TV, likewise wienerdog races. 

Will we ever get the same thrill when our stunt woman was trying to move up in the air from one large plexiglas box to another one and everybody else was trying to jump?  She looked at the distance and figured (yes, she THOUGHT about it) and contacted that second box with her outstretched arm and hand and flattened her foot against it and pulled herself over. 

• Like 1