Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E10: A Doppelgänger Disaster

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2023 at 6:47 AM, 65mickey said:

Wait I missed this. Is this about Shannon and John? Shannon moved in with John when her girls were positive with Covid. She left her 3 girls home alone because she was so afraid that she would come down with it. When she tested positive  she left John's and went home. But you could tell that she didn't want to. 

I do believe that Shannon is so desperate for a man in her llife that she will settle for anything. And John is stupid for getting involved with somone like Shannon. She is Vickie #2. Shannon can deny having a drinking problem all she wants but alcohol is clearly a problem for Shannon. 

I don't think she ever moved in with him, he perhaps visited her house (or vice versa), but she confided to Emily last year that they never spent a night at each other's house. Emily said so in this episode.

Shannon mentioned in an interview recently that her goal in life was to be in a relationship. This can explain her neediness. 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:11 PM, 65mickey said:

I think John and his son had moved into Shannon's house during Covid. When Shannon found out that the son was not following her rules regarding Covid exposure she pretty much threw him out. Then John moved out with him. Later on Shannon moved in with John and stayed there until she tested positive for Covid. So I don't get that they never spent a night in each other's house if that is what she is saying.

Shannon seems to be embellishing in order to make her relationships appear better.

On 8/10/2023 at 9:53 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

This episode sealed for me that Jenn is as much of a dick as her dick pic taking boyfriend. We already know that she has a gaggle of children, and she has bragged about all her pets. But now she apparently has let her female cat have kittens? She apparently doesn't believe in responsible pet ownership, and in have her pets spayed/neutered?

To add to her dickness, she has taken kittens only days old (they did not yet have their eyes open) away from the mother and plopped them on the kitchen counter, to be entertainment for her children. WTF? There is no reason to touch those kittens until at least their eyes are open, and they should not be taken out of the eyesight of their mother. Maybe spend a little less time taking lame pics with your boyfriend, Jenn, and do some research on responsible pet ownership. 

Millions of cats and dogs wouldn't die in the streets, or killed in shelters if individuals neutered and spayed them.

Update: on tonight's episode Jenn said that she fosters cats, and kittens, so she didn't let her cat get pregnant.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
On 8/11/2023 at 11:28 AM, MaggieG said:

I, like Shannon, was in a bad relationship and I stayed through all the arguments and mean comments because I was afraid to be alone. I kind of understand her when she says they "paralyze her." Until one day I realized I deserved better and left. I hope Shannon can get there. I get the feeling that John has probably given her some rules when it comes to the show and one of them is that their relationship should never be brought up or made into a storyline. Which is why she is losing it right now. When I got into arguments with my ex, the ones where he would be mean and call me names, he would always ask me later on if I told anyone. He seemed more concerned if I was telling people about them because he didn't want my mom or my friends to think badly about him. John might be doing the same thing. And Shannon is so desperate to hold on to him, she will do anything. 

The sad part is, this is all being brought up in some sort of effort to take down Heather. I am not a Heather stan by any means, but I kind of love that she not taking the bait and she seems to be realizing they're trying to turn her into the villain. I love that she said "what are you whispering over there Tamra?" Shannon has clearly brought up her relationship issues to Gina, Emily and Heather. She is the one talking about it! But it was Emily who brought it up on camera to Tamra. Any time it was brought up to Heather, she never said anything about it, she's never initiated anything. It's Tamra every time. Even when Shannon was melting down inside with Emily, Tamra comes in and starts "Don't you think Heather was being rude?". It's so transparent and I'm not enjoying it. I really hope Heather reads them all for filth with a Heather "if you ever" speech at the reunion. And again, I'm not even a Heather fan, but I hate Tamra more 😆

Jenn as Taylor was hilarious. I also loved Taylor not giving a fuck and not putting in any effort as Tamra. 

Vickie, ugh

It's typical abusive, gaslighting, narcissistic behavior. The abusers care about their public image/persona, and don't want their issues discussed with outsiders. This way they appear to be great individuals to others who don't have a clue about how they really are.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 8/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, Starlight925 said:

Agree that Shannon accepts whatever John dishes out due to a paralyzing fear of being alone.

Look, she married DavidDickBeador when she was young, had 3 beautiful girls, lived an amazing life, likely planned for retirement/rocking chairs/grandchildren together, and then in one instant, he took that all away.

So she meets John.  Handsome, lives on the water, boat guy, dad, age appropriate, geographically close.  On paper, the perfect guy.  

Except he's been checked out from the get-go, and Shannon is so afraid of being left that she tiptoes around him, walks on eggshells that he lays out for her, because as soon as she mis-steps, it's over.  Yes, this is the hallmark of emotional abuse.

Shows up as this great guy, who then calls her fat and makes her climb over the console.  Takes her boating, has great restaurant dates, then makes her pay for everything and drive herself home for the evening.

So she's left unsteady, and facing a likely future as a single woman closer to 70 than she'd like to be.

Surrounded by teeny tiny women, trying to keep up with all the plastic surgery, extensions, and workouts that she hates.

Interestingly, she is great friends with Jeff Lewis, who notoriously has feuds with everyone, including Andy Cohen.  Jeff loves & adores Shannon, so there must be something great that he sees in her, as they never seem to be on the outs.

Jeff Lewis is from the OC, and went to USC like Shannon.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2023 at 12:20 PM, RoseAllDay said:

This. Sick and tired of this 50+ Mean Girl and her toadies stirring shit and targeting people. This act is old, worn out, and (except for those directly involved) boring. Heather may have betrayed Shannon years ago about the text from David, but she is definitely not to blame now. 

It’s doubly gross because Emily is sucking up to Tamra, thinking it will help her OC “cred,” while they both know full well how easily Shannon goes spiraling into orbit over stuff like this. That is just cruel.

Emily should take note that the longer she is on the show, the more likely it will be her turn to be on the receiving end of Tamra’s vileness. Hope it’s worth it, Em. (I hope, too that Tamballs’s day is coming, sooner rather than later.)

Heather was nasty with Shannon last season, as well. She was angry because Shannon discussed the (old) lawsuit against Terry by the friend of the HWs who dropped out of the show early on. This story line continued though after that. 

• Like 3
On 8/10/2023 at 9:31 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Ok let me get this straight ... Tamra brought all this shit up ON camera implying that Heather told her "secrets" that Shannon had told her  ..

then turns around and says she heard it from Emily?

But then Emily and Shannon had also had conversations about her relationship and its "secrets" Emily talked with ALL the girls about it and everyone but Heather has talked shit about this relationship ON camera

BUT its Heather's fault that its out on camera?? WHAT the WHAT?

Emily brought it first according to Shannon. 

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Shannon has proven not to be the most reliable narrator.

She complained to everybody about John, except to Taylor and Jenn who she didn't know, so unfortunately, it would be eventually discussed. And production wanted it discussed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

She complained to everybody about John, except to Taylor and Jenn who she didn't know, so unfortunately, it would be eventually discussed. And production wanted it discussed.

And Shannon has repeatedly said to production that she won't be talking about it. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And Shannon has repeatedly said to production that she won't be talking about it. 

She had no choice since she decided to participate on a reality show.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Millions of cats and dogs wouldn't die in the streets, or killed in shelters if individuals neutered and spayed them.

Update: on tonight's episode Jenn said that she fosters cats, and kittens, so she didn't let her cat get pregnant.

And believe me, people who foster cats are the first and loudest to talk about spaying and neutering. My daughter fostered, and it is hard and sometimes heartbreaking work. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2023 at 8:18 PM, Axie said:

Dear Everyone In The Universe,

Please never invite me to a party and ask me to lick someone’s nipple.  Thank you for your consideration.  Sincerely, Axie

Seriously! I wonder what Emily's in-laws think. That moment was icky by anyone's standards, but most of the Mormons and Persians I know are conservative. The woman has a law license as well. It's not like her whole life is being a trashy reality star. 

• Like 1