Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Truth/Dare

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, starri said:

I don't know if this is what the show wanted me to take away, but I am shipping Mr. Ajayi and Mr. Farouk hardcore.

Me too.

And honestly, as someone who stepped out of the closest late in his life, I really appreciated that little conversation between the two of them at the vending machine. Especially when I watch a show like Heartstopper or Love, Victor, I often end up wondering 'What if...' and start thinking about all that teenage stuff I missed out on.

• Like 3

Awwww!!! 💗💘💖😍🥰

Ajayi Farouk kiss - Heartstopper 206.jpg

I hope Mr. Ajayi is as patient and forgiving of Mr. Farouk as he is with the students who come to him confused and struggling to find themselves.

Edited by giovannif7
  • Like 1

I was out at a young age, but I still missed out on a lot of teen stuff, because it just wasn't safe, I didn't have other kids my age to date, etc. I think this is probably why I still watch shows about teenagers, even though I'm in my late 50s.

I am not actually sure how much of what I saw happening around me  even seemed appealing to me at the time. I was not at all ACE but I was kind of horrified by some of the ... I want to say reckless shenanigans?? or... emotionally volatile?? r... ways my age-peers were experiencing their social lives-- being a little apart from it did give me some perspective that I might not have had if I had been fully involved in it myself.... but it also created a kind of self-consciousness and caution that is really not natural to my personality otherwise. 

I thought there was chemistry between Misters Ajayi and Farouk long before this episode, and I wasn't sure if the show wanted me to think that, and if they were just baiting the audience (which used to be a thing, to suggest but never pay off such chemistry).

I am very happy to see that this show is actually committed to not making Nick  and Charlie into tokens, but to actually representing a variety of different LGBQIA (haven't seen the I yet, but maybe it will happen) experiences.

Also, I loved Mr Ayaji even before this. He just seems like the rare adult who is calm and not trying to prove he's either cool to the young'uns or "too mature for this bunch". Just relaxed and comfortable with himself and others. Awsome.

I want to know more about Tori! Who is she outside of her sister role? 

I thought that when you have a friend who's about to barf, the thing to do is get them a bin or a toilet, not lead them running through the building in search of an adult. Get them situated and ehen bring an adult to them. BUT: I understand that as a plot device, it worked to cause a barfed-in bed situation, and an excuse to discuss the sharing of the non-barfed-in bed. So, I let it go.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I was out at a young age, but I still missed out on a lot of teen stuff, because it just wasn't safe, I didn't have other kids my age to date, etc. I think this is probably why I still watch shows about teenagers, even though I'm in my late 50s.

I was 17, but I was painfully shy and basically hid from the world (and with a big helping of body dysmorphia).  I had a long-term relationship, but I didn't truly come out of my shell until I was in my late 30s.

And now, I watch shows like this in part because I know what it would have meant to me to have something like this when I was 15 (my option was only Ricky on My So-Called Life), and partly because I know my eyeballs that are attached to discretionary income help keep it around for today's 15-year-olds.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, possibilities said:

I want to know more about Tori! Who is she outside of her sister role? 

Same! Since S01 I've really enjoyed her two minute pop-ups.  Liked seeing her at the dinner getting her claws out at David (I don't recall if that was in this Ep or another).  Also, the scene w/ the two of them at the top of the stairs: if there's a S03, they're going to make him fancy her, right?

Tori reminds me very much of Brie Larson's role in the movie Don Jon, w/ Joseph Gordon Levitt.  The sister of the protagonist who very quietly, though very much, loves her brother and picks just the right time to come to his defence.

I am totally like Isaac, buying more books than I can carry on a trip abroad.

I actually find it refreshing when we see teenagers on TV who want to take it slow. I am only about 15 years older than the kids here, but I am starting to get uncomfortable at how young some of the teenagers in TV shows start having sex nowadays.

And I was completely clueless why they ran for the teachers when Darcy got sick. Like, that is the opposite than what you do in such situations from what I remember. You just throw up and hope nobody notices how sick you look the next day. Of course, we never had understanding teachers like these kids, so...

• Like 2