Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Challenge

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, PWHCHCH said:

So Charlie is developing an eating disorder? 

The show isn't exactly being subtle with the development of that storyline.

As an Australian, it still blows my mind how blasé it is for schools in the UK to have a casual trip to France. I often forget how big and isolated my country is compared to other countries in the world.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

As an Australian, it still blows my mind how blasé it is for schools in the UK to have a casual trip to France. I often forget how big and isolated my country is compared to other countries in the world.

What, you can't just

Spoiler

take a bus under the water (but watch out for the fishes)

?

(Spoiler tagging because I binged a few at a time but I think this doesn't happen until a later episode, but not a huge spoiler.

• LOL 2

Good for Imogen to break up with Ben, although she probably didn't need to do it publicly. 

I hope this show would not go anywhere dangerous, but I still feel a bit uneasy when the kids are so casual about being gay in public, especiall the girls. I am glad that people are feeling more free nowadays and I know France is mostly ok, but there are lots of people living in Paris and it's not safe everywhere, so I would probably welcome a scene when the teacher tells them to be more careful when they are alone outside. 

On 8/9/2023 at 3:31 PM, Glade said:

It was really inconsiderate of the boys to just claim opposite beds without even asking if Nick and Charlie would obviously want to share one.

I've learned that in the books, Tao is not yet aware about Nick and Charlie's relationship when they go to Paris. So this sleeping arrangement is how it ends up in the book (with no reason to think it should be otherwise). The image of them holding hands from either bed is apparently taken directly from the book. So while it may seem a little odd to not let Nick and Charlie share a bed, it's the show's way of staying true to some aspects of the source. Also, even with Tao and Isaac knowing about them in the show, it's maybe a little awkward (especially for teenagers) to be sleeping in the same room with a couple who is sharing a bed.

• Useful 1