Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Hegemony

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chaifan said:

it just sucks we'll have to wait so long for Season 3

It does, but SNW does have an advantage -- Season 3 was already written before the strike, and I believe they were planning to start filming right when the writer's strike began.

Of course the actors are on strike too, though it sounds like things might be getting close to a deal. We'll see, I guess.

Anyway, once the strike ends, SNW will be in pretty good shape to get back to work, at least compared to a lot of other scripted shows.

For now... get used to reality TV. Can't wait to find out who the Golden Bachelor is gonna pick! (*sigh*)

• Applause 2

Apologies, I just got a chance to watch this episode. I might be stupid, but I thought space was cold, why does the the Gorn have a spacesuit with his butt hanging out? They floated the theory that cold might affect the Gorn, but his tail seemed extremely lively given the circumstances.

Anyhoo, if I was Spock, I would have grabbed the dead Gorn and transported back with it. I would have locked Batel in a holding cell, maybe one in the medical bay under strict quarantine. I would then fully scanned all the rescued, for possible Gorn infestation.

It seems like the Gorn were the first to knowingly break the treaty, flying their ships over the demarcation line to attack the Enterprise. 

I said back in Season 1 that the Gorn shown shouldn't have the intelligence to wear clothes, let alone build spaceships. I wonder if they have a society where they exploit the different species they evolved from to do their grunt work. Similar to if humans genetically modified Gorillas and Chimpanzees to do simple tasks that we refuse to do ourselves. The Gorns we are seeing currently might be ones used to soften up planets that they plan to conquer, and the real Gorns are more intellectual and civilized, like green versions of "Barney the Dinosaur".

• Useful 2
33 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I said back in Season 1 that the Gorn shown shouldn't have the intelligence to wear clothes, let alone build spaceships. I wonder if they have a society where they exploit the different species they evolved from to do their grunt work.

Maybe the Gorn are a bit like the Cylons in that regard.

• Useful 1
On 12/30/2023 at 7:47 AM, marinw said:

Maybe the Gorn are a bit like the Cylons in that regard.

Still a complete rip off of the Aliens, who modify indigenous species to be efficient world killers. The Aliens got their intelligence from the species they chest burst and one assumes a mouse Alien wouldn’t be bright but would cut a swath through the underforest. Alien raccoons would be brighter. 

i don’t think this show is very deep. Most of it is on the surface and you don’t need to watch twice to get what they are getting at. The Gorn will be monsters until we learn to talk to them. If they are making the lizards why giant tails?

aliens and varietal cylons (fighters etc) are artificially created weapons. 

• Like 2
On 8/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, historylover820 said:

They should at least drop a line about Boyce. But, he's in the events of The Cage, which is in the past in SNW's events (as in, it's already happened). So, since he's not the CMO during SNW, he's not going to be in the future.

The actual TOS 2nd pilot - Where No Man Has Gone Before - had Kirk, Spock, Sulu and Dr. Piper