Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Ulysses

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, SHD said:

Why did Funcle want to get a DNA sample from Feng? All he really needed was Grace's and his own. 

Maybe bc he thought the fact they they are half siblings might cause issues? Or he doesn’t understand how dna testing works?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I don't think he did. Did I miss something? He got Grace's DNA and that was it.

I thought he forced Feng to have that drink with him at the end to get his DNA off the glass. Didn't he grab the glass Feng had taken a drink from right away? Maybe I misinterpreted something.

2 minutes ago, SHD said:

I thought he forced Feng to have that drink with him at the end to get his DNA off the glass. Didn't he grab the glass Feng had taken a drink from right away? Maybe I misinterpreted something.

He swabed Grace's glass before Feng came around and Feng took his glass with him, so no opportunity for swabing. Also in the interview with Aniq and Danner we only saw one swab in one plastic bag.

I think making Feng a drink was just an attempt at a nice gesture.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

He swabed Grace's glass before Feng came around and Feng took his glass with him, so no opportunity for swabing. Also in the interview with Aniq and Danner we only saw one swab in one plastic bag.

I think making Feng a drink was just an attempt at a nice gesture.

All true, as I saw on a second watch. The drink offer just seemed so stilted and calculated that I imagined there was some reason behind it other than a nice gesture.

I've been really excited about the Uncle Ulysses episode, and I was not disappointed! I was sure we were going to get a western takeoff but an epic tragic love story also worked. I also thought that we would find out that Ulysses was lying about being a world traveler, but what we got was a lot better. John Cho was really going for it. 

There sure is a lot of cheating within the families going on this season, I bet that cheating or familiar betrayals will turn out to be a part of the motive. 

Edgar came off pretty well in these flashbacks, it seems like the only person who actually knew Edgar who really shows him in a bad light was Sebastian, a guy who admits to being a lying con artist who was trying to rob Edgar on the day of his wedding. I don't know if I buy what he was selling about Edgar randomly firing him like that.

• Like 2
On 8/21/2023 at 1:03 PM, tennisgurl said:

I also thought that we would find out that Ulysses was lying about being a world traveler, but what we got was a lot better. John Cho was really going for it. 

Same, but I sure love the dance slant to his story!  I was dying over the USO part.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2023 at 6:20 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Maybe I am not understanding the different “genres” of the episodes this season but I am not liking them as much as last season and I didn’t even know what this episode’s was. 🤷‍♀️

This episode was Legends of the Fall, the 1994 Brad Pitt movie.

• Useful 1