Type keyword(s) to search

Jessel Taank: British Import

• Start Topic

From the Bravo TV site:

Jessel Taank is a fashion publicist, wife, and new mom to twin boys who rarely sit still. Growing up in London, Jessel aspired to chase the American dream, and her hustle ultimately landed her in the Big Apple. Raised in a tight knit yet strict Indian household, she continuously struggles to share intimate details of her life with her parents across the pond. A natural-born problem solver, Jessel is always seeking resolution, but her British sense of humor sometimes gets lost in translation with the New York sensibilities surrounding her.

Joins the cast in season 14.

I had already seen recent pics and suspected that Jessel had something done to deal with her post-pregnancy body issues, but after seeing her on WWHL last night, it looked pretty obvious that she had a Mommy Makeover or something very close to it.  (Edited to add…Ozempic or even good old fashioned diet and exercise may be responsible for her current shape, of course, the Mommy Makeover was just my first guess when I saw the drastic change)

Sounds as if the drought is history for her and Pavit, as well.  She had already admitted that their lack of post-twins sex was related to her dissatisfaction with her body, so it certainly tracks.  She looked good and seemed to feel more comfortable in her skin.   

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

I'm late to the party and am still catching up on all the episodes but question:  Jessel stated that she was "the" PR person for Michael Kors.  I certainly don't know how PR works but is she claiming she was the absolute top leader in this role for the company?  Or would she have been one of many, many PR people?  I'm assuming she was one of many but she certainly dropped it as though she wanted it believed that she was running the show. 

I've known women in relationships like Jessel.  I think she and Pavit were friends and he likely was kind of a dork and thought she was the bees knees and was in love with her.  She ran out of options, wanted to get married, and so she did the big settle.  Now she's irritated and bothered by him all the time.  And his eyes may be open at this point to what he's saddled with. 

Her kids are screaming brats.  Which is likely through no fault of their own.    

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

I've known women in relationships like Jessel.  I think she and Pavit were friends and he likely was kind of a dork and thought she was the bees knees and was in love with her.  She ran out of options, wanted to get married, and so she did the big settle.  Now she's irritated and bothered by him all the time.  And his eyes may be open at this point to what he's saddled with. 

Her kids are screaming brats.  Which is likely through no fault of their own.    

Excellent points!!

But they have shown us several moments of Jessel with or near her twins. She seems annoyed or exasperated.

Maybe they are picking up on that?

I don’t remember seeing her actually ENJOYING her children. I mean, she was “smiling” for the holiday photo shoot, but I don’t know if that really counts.

• Like 4
On 10/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Excellent points!!

But they have shown us several moments of Jessel with or near her twins. She seems annoyed or exasperated.

Maybe they are picking up on that?

I don’t remember seeing her actually ENJOYING her children. I mean, she was “smiling” for the holiday photo shoot, but I don’t know if that really counts.

She also has nannies.

It's either because she didn't want to have kids, but her culture (or really her parents' culture), and her parents/relatives "forced" her to have kids, or that she had kids after 40 and she had settled in her life as it was, and the kids were a distraction.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She also has nannies.

It's either because she didn't want to have kids, but her culture (or really her parents' culture), and her parents/relatives "forced" her to have kids, or that she had kids after 40 and she had settled in her life as it was, and the kids were a distraction.

Well regardless of the reason I see the fact that she has Nannie’s as a good thing. There is something in her that’s telling her she cannot (or does not want to) raise two kids alone and she needs help. I would rather that then her struggling to do it all and failing miserably and having her kids suffer because of it. 

• Like 7

I think her discomfort comes from them misbehaving while filming and her stress over how she comes across. She is very very worried about being on the show and she comes off as awkward/thirsty because of it. She's playing "Housewife" and that's part of why Pavit's always like "what are you doing?' in all their scenes. I kinda think she might be a totally normal and fine mom when not filming.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, sandwoman said:

I think her discomfort comes from them misbehaving while filming and her stress over how she comes across. She is very very worried about being on the show and she comes off as awkward/thirsty because of it. She's playing "Housewife" and that's part of why Pavit's always like "what are you doing?' in all their scenes. I kinda think she might be a totally normal and fine mom when not filming.

I totally agree. While I admit I can’t really sit through and entire hour of this awful show so I may have missed a few things, but what I’ve seen of Jessel and her husband is that they are both pretty private and “normal” people (him more than her) and are totally uncomfortable with the direction this show is trying to go (so cool and hip and sexy NYers). So they don’t make the best tv. She is trying harder than him to fit in, so she seems thirsty. I haven’t doubted any stories that she’s told, she just doesn’t seem comfortable telling them. Her sharing with Sai was more of an attempt to connect with her and fit in more than whatever Sai took it to mean. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Way to go, Pavit! That was awesome. He might have helped those businesses get more traffic, too. 

Edited by Pi237
Forgot to thank politichick for posting!
  • Like 8
  • Love 1