Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Night Of The Owls

• Start Topic

Guys why are you telling the truth about what's been going on? Yes, this is Gotham where weird shit happens all the time but you're the GCPD's most wanted and they won't believe you if only to make themselves look good.

Aw Harvey's worried about Duella.

Precinct Sarge is being salty. Yes Cullen hurt your feelings but don't take it out on Carrie's mom!

Turner's parents were assassins. 

It was nice of the Talons to wait to cut off the cameras so the GCPD could get a good look at what's going on.

Cullen saved Precinct Sarge! I think this makes them BFF again.

The Talons can teleport? 

HOW DARE YOU KILL CARRIE'S MOM! 

Ok she's in surgery so there's a chance. Come on guys it's the last episode so let her live!

They found the bombs, which said 40 min left (I see you show), and you go back to headquarters? Wouldn't it take the full 40 minute to travel there?

It's a shame they didn't do the Dad reveal at the beginning of the season because I'm enjoying Duella's scenes with Harvey.

Aw, Duella's heart breaks when Bad Harv comes to play. 

Cullen and Precinct Sarge are phone buddies now too. Maybe he'll be their Gordon when this is over.

Rebecca threw acid on Harv! We have Two Face!!!

This doesn't matter but Rebecca's hair looks awful. Way too much product and looks greasy.

I guess one plan for a second season is Harv bringing chaos leading to Duella finding a way to bring Harvey back.

And I guess another plan was for Turner to bond with his parents' assassin buddies.

Precinct Sarge got to hug his bestie!! Yay friendship!

They should have kept the lips somewhat in tack on Harv's face so Misha could deliver his lines properly.

No shock Two Face kills Jane. Guess both personalities care about Duella.

Duella can hate the name and still like hanging out with you guys. Especially Carrie.

Well Mr Henry is certainly Ra's so Turner's getting some proper Bat training. 

But it's all offscreen since the show was cancelled. 

I don’t think anyone really ever cared whether this was on or not, judging by the terrible ratings and non-existent media coverage.  The first thing that should’ve come to these showrunners’ minds was why they felt the need to introduce some random adopted son of Batman without Batman actually showing up.  Another poor move was deciding to feature a bunch of minor characters from the DC universe that no one would be interested in.  The Harvey Dent makeup must’ve put a sizable dent in the budget.  And these showrunners should never be able to be hired for another superhero project again.  They’ve already got two failed shows under their belts.  They don’t need another.

• Applause 2
2 hours ago, BornToDie said:

The first thing that should’ve come to these showrunners’ minds was why they felt the need to introduce some random adopted son of Batman without Batman actually showing up.  Another poor move was deciding to feature a bunch of minor characters from the DC universe that no one would be interested in.

Bruce Wayne can (and has) shown up in various shows, but they were never going to get to show him in the Batsuit for more than a few brief flashes.  My suspicion is they invented a new character to save on the fees associated with using a preexisting characters like Dick Grayson.

Plus they've certainly pulled the C-list show off before. They were betting on being Bat-adjacent as comparable to the Legends of Tomorrow being (initially) pulled from Arrowverse guest stars.

4 hours ago, baldryanr said:

My suspicion is they invented a new character to save on the fees associated with using a preexisting characters like Dick Grayson.

They didn't have the rights to use Dick, Jason, Tim or Damian so they created a composite character.

7 hours ago, BornToDie said:

I don’t think anyone really ever cared whether this was on or not, judging by the terrible ratings and non-existent media coverage.

When I went here right after the finale aired the page was filled with people upset about the cancellation: https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/gotham knights?sort=recent

But obviously not enough. It's disappointing there was so little good word of mouth about such a good show. It turned out way better than the previews made it look.

(edited)

That was okay for what turned out to be a one season series finale. Yes, there were seeds planted for season two, but nothing I can think of right now that left me in anguish about not seeing (except maybe everyone finding out Turner’s alive)

Edited by opus
  • Like 1

Ah, Henry Ducard.  I wonder if they would have ended up doing a Dark Knight-style twist and make him Ra's when it was all said and done, or if they would have just kept him as a real person going forward.  Charles Mesure seemed effective enough with the screen time he was given.  But I guess we will never really know.

Works well enough as a series finale, with the exception of the Gotham Knights thinking Turner is dead still.  But at least the show already clued the audience in about it and his "death" will lead to the Knights continuing their vigilante ways.  And Rebecca and the Court are done for, even if it did cost them Wayne Tower.  Sacrifices must be made!

Harvey's now Two-Face as well.  Make-up was decent, but I imagine it would have been tough for Misha Collins going forward, because you could already tell he was struggling with talking through all of that get-up.  Did like how the coin has a significance of some kind since it was what saved his life.

Not a bad show, but I can see why it failed to catch on (sounds like it did have a rabid following, but not a sizable one).  Even then, it probably could have survived during previous versions of The CW, but this new version is clearly ruthless when it comes to what they expect of their shows.  Hopefully the cast lands on their feet: especially Olivia Rose Keegan.

19 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Ah, Henry Ducard.  I wonder if they would have ended up doing a Dark Knight-style twist and make him Ra's when it was all said and done, or if they would have just kept him as a real person going forward.  Charles Mesure seemed effective enough with the screen time he was given.  But I guess we will never really know.

At the very least, I would have expected Ra's to be the man behind the man.

21 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Make-up was decent, but I imagine it would have been tough for Misha Collins going forward, because you could already tell he was struggling with talking through all of that get-up.

I could not.

21 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Did like how the coin has a significance of some kind since it was what saved his life.

Good point.

22 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Even then, it probably could have survived during previous versions of The CW, but this new version is clearly ruthless when it comes to what they expect of their shows.

I think NexStar's "new direction" has more to do with it than high standards.

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I hope that they would have just had him be Ducard and avoid any more white European Ras al Ghuls.  Plus I think it would have been lame to copy the Nolan films again.

On 7/1/2023 at 4:39 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

At the very least, I would have expected Ra's to be the man behind the man.

I could not.

Good point.

I think NexStar's "new direction" has more to do with it than high standards.

Interesting. I don't know what any of them expect long term, but I think all the creators of content have noticed that if things go on as they have been going, shows will become increasingly expensive. People will have to be paid, etc. This way things can be thrown into turmoil and when it comes out the other side you will have reality shows with normal people who are hot messes and AI driven dramas. I really doubt it has to do with high standards.

• Like 1