Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Graduation

• Start Topic

Tayo seizes control of the Bureau and makes the radical reforms he always dreamed of; the class reunites in a final showdown with the system they created; the trainees graduate, wondering where they will all end up.

Dropping June 21, 2023

For a system that was basically a combination Skynet/Minority Report, to the point where we saw it murder people that got in its way, the whole takedown seemed extremely easy.     

And maybe I missed it, but in an earlier episode they made a big deal of the fact that Tayo failed the part of the course that required him to run a mile or something within a certain amount of time.  During that episode he cited some rule that would allow him to retake the test, but I don't think we ever actually saw him pass it, did we?      

Finally, Quantico only has two instructors?  That seems insane. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

For a system that was basically a combination Skynet/Minority Report, to the point where we saw it murder people that got in its way, the whole takedown seemed extremely easy.     

And maybe I missed it, but in an earlier episode they made a big deal of the fact that Tayo failed the part of the course that required him to run a mile or something within a certain amount of time.  During that episode he cited some rule that would allow him to retake the test, but I don't think we ever actually saw him pass it, did we?      

Finally, Quantico only has two instructors?  That seems insane. 

I do not remember seeing him retake the running test either, but thought it was because I was not paying attention and playing on my phone. 

Also agree it was way too easy to take down the system. The finale had so many long shots of Tayo looking pensive. Underwhelming finale, but overall enjoyed the series. I can only watch Community and Bojack Horseman on repeat so many times, so this filled the need for something new. 

Agree, that seemed way too easy.

I wonder how the FBI got around the 4th Amendment when they started making these “predictive” arrests. “An AI says this person hasn’t committed a crime yet but is likely to” seems like a very loose and convenient interpretation of probable cause. And we’re to believe all the courts just went along with this?

• Like 2

IMO, the best part of the episode was the montage showing the growing number of arrests under Skynet, er, The System. Otherwise? Not a very impressive finale. It tried to cover way too much ground in very little time and, yes, it was too easy to finish off The System. It was as though it was over before it began. A limp finale to an otherwise strong show ... especially as Hour just sort of slipped through the cracks at the end, which didn't serve the character well.

• Like 1

Late to the party, as usual. I just binged the entire season/series. I thought it HAD to be based on a book because the premise was so large (25 years) and no one felt fully fleshed out to me as actual people and the relationships were all tell without showing us any real connections. But, alas, there is no book thread so I guess not?  This felt like a huge book that was butchered, imo. It had a lot of promise and very little deliverance. 

So, Tayo was totally fine with the system until a single incident where a pastor was tased in his church?  Tons of people getting wrongfully arrested and maybe killed for years based on AI predictions but that’s what it took for him to get upset about it? Then the system actually impacts someone he knows (the FBI classmate played by Jake McDorman who basically received no airtime) and he’s ready to take it down. Again, totally fine with all of it until he feels directly affected. And even after the system is finally taken down (which was way too easy), he’s still giving interviews somewhat defending the program for applying injustice equally (while not mentioning that high-powered people were actually excluded from suspicion). We agree that Tayo was a villain and not a hero, right? The show understood that, right?

• Like 2