Type keyword(s) to search

S16 E03: The Gang Gets Cursed

• Start Topic

A series of bad omens leads the gang to believe they are all cursed; they set off to undo the curses and make amends to those they've wronged; Mac meets Chase Utley and invites him for a catch.

Airs 6/14/23

(edited)

I'm shocked that Paddy's Pub on Bar Rescue was never considered as a plot line until now.

Love all the ways the gang got cursed, especially Cricket literally cursing the bar. (He DID used to be a priest, after all). Also loved seeing Rhea Perlman. And Uncle Jack. And the monkey paw from the monkey they had.

I was...not expecting the F and C bombs in this show now. I thought Frank saying "What the fuck is this" last week was a one off thing.

"I was murdered to a woman named Maureen." Even Dee knew that Dennis murdered Maureen Ponderosa. Why else would Dennis keep her urn behind the bar? It's totally a trophy.

I laughed at all the blood pouring out of Frank's egg. And Dee's stroke/Bell's Palsey face.

"What if my shirt falls off?" was classic Dennis. I've been really enjoying this run of episodes so far.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1
(edited)

Man, the stuff with Chase Utley was epic cringe. Part of it was from "The World Series Defense" and Mac's man crush, part of it stems from Chase injuring Ruben Tejada in the 2015 NLDS against the Mets and receiving no punishment or comeuppance for it. I wrote about going to a Mets game in 2016 where Utley not only didn't get beaned, he hit two home runs. Give it a read. You can feel the resignation and venom from me.

Topic? Right . . . the Gang are horrible people. Of course the monkey from last season died. Of course Mac lopped its hand off. Of course Dennis would have Maureen's ashes and not bury it in a pet cemetery out of spite. And, of course, Frank would bludgeon a seagull to death. I'm wondering if Charlie is going to be the voice of reason for the next five episodes.

The Gang still thinks the monkey mouth-fucked them. I thought it was just whiskey.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Of course the monkey from last season died. Of course Mac lopped its hand off. Of course Dennis would have Maureen's ashes and not bury it in a pet cemetery out of spite. And, of course, Frank would bludgeon a seagull to death.

And leaving their corpses around the bar because they were too lazy to clean them up and never noticing them is classic Gang behavior.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I'm shocked that Paddy's Pub on Bar Rescue was never considered as a plot line until now.

And, of course, the Gang would fuck up a shot at TV because they kept leaving their bar.

I take it Bar Rescue is a real show. Nothing like What We Do In The Shadows last year, when the Sklar Brothers were playing wacky home renovation guys that eventually found their way to the vampires' mansion on Staten Island?

Edited by Lantern7
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I take it Bar Rescue is a real show. Nothing like What We Do In The Shadows last year, when the Sklar Brothers were playing wacky home renovation guys that eventually found their way to the vampires' mansion on Staten Island?

Bar Rescue is quite real. It's been running since 2011.

How did Kaitlin Olson manage to contort her face that way through the whole episode? Was it some kind of CGI or prosthetic? OMG, I laughed every time I looked at her.

I don't remember a monkey from last season. And I had to do a Google search to refresh my memory about what happened to Maureen. Dennis wasn't actually charged with her murder, the police found security camera footage of her walking around on the roof like a cat and falling off.

I remembered about Maureen because they did the whole making of a murderer spoof about it

I don't recall a monkey from last season. 

I didnt recognize rhea pearlman. 

Has David Hornsby's wife been on the show?  I dont think so. 

Now two members of the gang have faked a child's death. 

On 6/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, iMonrey said:

How did Kaitlin Olson manage to contort her face that way through the whole episode? Was it some kind of CGI or prosthetic? OMG, I laughed every time I looked at her.

I don't remember a monkey from last season. 

It was the monkey from "The Gang Replaces Dee with a Monkey" who apparently died almost immediately after robbing and assaulting the gang minus Dee if he still had the money in his paw. And ditto for whatever they did to Kaitlin Olson's face in this episode, that was really good.

Now I do actually want to see Paddy's Pub featured on Bar Rescue.

How many times can you say 'c***' on television? I was dying at the trophy, and then they kept saying it!

Glad to see Cricket again. I miss the McPoyles though. 

I like how Charlie is always the sane one with his family.