Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Titans Forever

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

(Series Finale)
ryan-potter-anna-diop-brenton-thwaites-j
With Brother Blood at full power and Conner left in critical condition, the Titans join forces to find and defeat Sebastian once and for all.

Premiere Date: May 11, 2023    HBO Max 
teagan-croft.jpg

I assumed it was a flashback to happier times that Dick's mind instantly went back to since they thought Kory was dead.

I loved the finale. If I must lose the Titans at least I know that they are all fulfilled. Dick and Kory being cute as can be, Kon getting the Superman guidance he wanted, Rachel and Gar finding themselves, Tim finding the work/romance balance with Bernard (all the Tim/Bernard haters can cry about it).

I have to hand it to Brenton Thwaites - he is the only person who has made me care about Dick Grayson; my least favourite Robin.

• Like 2

It was a good ending to the series.  I really liked the scene at the dinner on the rooftop restaurant.  It was sad hearing that everyone was going their separate ways, but it was nice that they are all taking the time to do something for themselves.

The fight scenes against Sebastian were great.  It's been a while since we had a big battle where everyone was using powers at full capacity.  Not sure what Rachel's powers transformed into, was it whitelight or whiteforce as opposed to the darkforce powers she used to have?  Which is why she dressed in white after her powers changed?  Cool to see.  Nice also to see Gar transforming into a tiger, I feel like it's been ages since we saw the tiger.

Glad that Connor came back to the good side, and it was convenient that they saved him for the end otherwise he could have ended the fight a lot earlier.

I did have issues with how quickly Tim Drake became a competent fighter.  And didn't understand why Tim didn't pull the cables leaving Gar to fight against Sebastian since Gar has better powers.  Or why Gar didn't transform into a stronger gorilla or something to pull the cables.

Dick is a great leader.  Not counting Tim, he's the least powered of all of them, but always seems to be the most courageous and the one leading them into battle.  I really liked that he ends up with Kory in the end.

I have mixed feelings about the cancellation.  This show often frustrated me but in the end, I will miss it, mostly because of Brenton Thwaites and Anna Diop.  I hope they get new gigs soon.

2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I will have more thoughts later but....what was with the Christmas dream thing?  I don't understand why it was there.

I thought it was weird too.  I think maybe it represented what should have been?  All of them together at Christmas as a family?  So that's what brought Kory back to them?  No clue.  Connor had a full head of hair so maybe it was a scene of what the future should hold.

• Like 4

Not happy to see Starfire (the best thing about this show) getting sidelined at the end, and Brother Blood turned out to be a pretty anemic villain.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see they finally got Kory and Dick together, and that was a pretty good way to end it all. This series had its ups and downs, but I enjoyed it for the most part. It took some of them some time, but these actors did a great job with their characters, even when the writing was more of a hindrance than help (Teagan and Joshua in particular both started out fairly rocky, but visibly improved in their performances over the seasons).

Overall, happy with the series and the finale.

• Like 3

This series was good, but had so much potential to be amazing.

Starfire was easily the highlight of the series. Adored her. Also love Gar.

Could not stand the second Robin, he was awful.

The finale was good. Glad everyone made it out alive.