Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Nightwatch Two

• Start Topic

It is one of those scenarios that aggravate you in concept. NCIS doesn't have the local police on speed dial to do welfare checks.  I  get it the "Navy" part limits your options and they did bring a Marine veteran into it later.  But even that doesn't actually bring in NCIS. And then Agent Tara goes out alone to track a guy who confessed to the possible murder.

Do better guys.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Raja said:

It is one of those scenarios that aggravate you in concept. NCIS doesn't have the local police on speed dial to do welfare checks.  I  get it the "Navy" part limits your options and they did bring a Marine veteran into it later.  But even that doesn't actually bring in NCIS. And then Agent Tara goes out alone to track a guy who confessed to the possible murder.

Do better guys.

Agreed, I get that this is a TV show with a limited cast, but why are there only THREE field agents plus Jane?  Why can't they at least add another agent?  Why would Lucy go onto Ethan's boat not knowing where he stands?  They should have Kate just in the field all the time with them.  She saved Lucy's life.

I wasn't all that invested in the storyline.  Hated the jewelry store owner.  Sympathised with the vet but found myself not really caring.

I was more interested in learning that Jesse has a son named Jack.  He's never mentioned him before, has he?  And exactly when are we going to learn more about Jesse's "dark place" that Brother Amos mentioned?  I guess not this season?

Why does Jane need to be set up on blind dates?  She seems fine on her own.  Or the occasional date with Captain Milius or maybe Charlemagne.  That dentist guy was awful.  She should have just agreed to drinks only first, but I get this was done for the show for laughs.

Ernie doubles as a lounge singer, appreciated only by one lone fan? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Why does Jane need to be set up on blind dates?  She seems fine on her own.  Or the occasional date with Captain Milius or maybe Charlemagne.  That dentist guy was awful.  She should have just agreed to drinks only first, but I get this was done for the show for laughs.

It was good to see Seamus Dever again (Kevin Ryan on Castle). His dentist was awful at dinner but I liked him at the end when he asked Jane for a second chance. And unless they're going to go somewhere with it why do it in the first place? Annoying just like the did they/didn't they thing with her and Torres.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chicagofan said:

It was good to see Seamus Dever again (Kevin Ryan on Castle). His dentist was awful at dinner but I liked him at the end when he asked Jane for a second chance. And unless they're going to go somewhere with it why do it in the first place? Annoying just like the did they/didn't they thing with her and Torres.

I thought it was odd that he just showed up at her house unexpectedly.  This case happened over a span of a few days, right?  She was at dinner with the guy when she got the call from Jesse about the body in the jewelry store.  But the rest of the case happened the next day or the next few days.  Didn't it?  It was daylight when Lucy went onto that boat.

Was that supposed to be the souffle that he had ordered at their broken date?  Would it still be good?  Or was it a new one?  I thought it was creepy how he just showed up at her house.  How did he get her address?  Surely Heather wouldn't just give it to him.  And yet she invited him in to share the souffle because she said she couldn't eat it by herself.  What about Alex?  Or was it the one day a month that Julie seems to live with her?

I don't think we need to see him again, he was beyond annoying, even after apologising for talking too much.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Agreed, I get that this is a TV show with a limited cast, but why are there only THREE field agents plus Jane?  Why can't they at least add another agent?  Why would Lucy go onto Ethan's boat not knowing where he stands?  They should have Kate just in the field all the time with them.  She saved Lucy's life.

They have more than 3, we have been shown the sprawling office and the REACT force. But I guess the budgets got tight and they stopped using them. In the grand franchise tradition NCIS takes in agents from all over the federal alphabet to join them. If they didn't transfer Kate to the FBI to give her a gun she surly would have been the second in office open NCIS couple since the one's on New Orleans got teased and then aborted.

In an episode with a B-story of Kai's combat related stress support groups do you not see the folly of Kate and Lucy  roleplaying a few hours after killing a man?

• Like 1
23 hours ago, blackwing said:

Why does Jane need to be set up on blind dates?

She doesn’t. It was pretty clear that someone Jesse knows set it up and Jane was too polite to reject the idea outright. What I didn’t like was the he said, she said, talking behind backs, but give Jane props for giving the guy a chance to show he’s more than just gums (ha, pun) and teeth. In a more casual setting, with the “friend” comment caveat, he might even be able to listen to her side of the conversation.

So many eye-rolling moments in this episode, my eyes hurt. 🙄🙄🙄

The mysterious Heather Boone. Not only she befriends CGIS Agent Neil Pike, she also kind enough to setup a blind date for Special Agent Jane Tennant - her husband’s boss. How dare she! 

Ernie Malik is so multitalented, he even moonlights as a lounge pianist.

Lucy Tara is freaking badass. She doesn’t need a partner when visiting potential suspects. Occasionally, she brings along her gf, especially when her boss asks her to.

KACY is so crucial to this show. Their anniversaries and every major milestones in their relationship are VERY important and not to be missed.

Jesse Boone is NOT as important as KACY. We never meet his wife, only a glimpse of her during a video call. We only met 2 of his children - Gracie and Jake (introduced in this episode). The other child is remained nameless.

Joe Pitt has TBI. NCIS team has profiled him as aggressive and violent. Is it safe for him to be transported to the hospital with only EMTs around?

On a shallow note, does Jane Tennant has a type? Captain Joe Milius, Charlie 1 and now Scott? Can’t you see the resemblance? 😆  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Lucy is high maintenance - opening presents on December 23, celebrating milestones at random dates *sigh*

Episode was all over the place: Kai's PTSD (or whatever it's supposed to be), Boone's camping trip, whatever the hell was going on with Ernie, Tennant's date, Lucy and Kate needing to celebrate their not-anniversary plus the actual case. If anyone needs mindfulness training it's the writers room not Ernie.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2