Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Get ready for the ultimate cook-baking showdown as the nine best amateur bakers in America meet in the iconic baking show tent!  It's cookie week, and our bakers have their first chance to make their mark in the tent--unless their cookies crumble. 

I am Team Sean, since he's local. Loved his ferry building. I felt horrible for the gal who left. I don't know if Paul's suggestion would have saved her structure. I think I am going to tire of 50s girl's schtick pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

Thanks to this forum I learned the Roku channel was free so I could watch this show. 
I like Ellie and Zack as hosts. They are nowhere near as obnoxious as Noel and Matt. Although they do the goofy skits at the beginning of each episode.

They are in the same tent with the same set as the British version. I don’t know if this was filmed in the US or UK? 
Everyone seemed to have a rough start with cookie week. Nerves? Shame about the lady who went home. Looks like Sean and Martin are the ones to beat. 
So far I’m liking this, it’s a lot like the UK version. Everyone nice and helping each other. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

like Ellie and Zack as hosts. They are nowhere near as obnoxious as Noel and Matt. Although they do the goofy skits at the beginning of each episode.

I like Ellie and Zach as well.  They're smooth, positive but not overdoing it with the jokes.  

And this was filmed in the UK.  

• Like 2

I wish they would hire Ellie and Zack to host the British version.

The cutaways to commercials were a bit disconcerting after having watched GBBO on PBS and Netflix.

I also wish they had dropped one episode a week. 

• Like 2

Ellie is a delight, but Zack is a little low-key for me. I forget he's there. 

Filming it on the same set as the British version makes it a little more twee than an American version should be, but the familiarity does lend a certain comfort-level to the whole thing. 

Not sure why this is on Roku and not Netflix with the UK version. 

1 hour ago, bourbon said:

Not sure why this is on Roku and not Netflix with the UK version. 

Because it's never been on Netflix? It used to be on ABC. 

2 hours ago, illdoc said:

Because it's never been on Netflix? It used to be on ABC. 

GBBO past seasons are on Netflix along with the holiday specials. Maybe the American version still has a deal with ABC, but it would be great to have all the flavors in one location. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bourbon said:

GBBO past seasons are on Netflix along with the holiday specials. Maybe the American version still has a deal with ABC, but it would be great to have all the flavors in one location. 

Isn't Hulu associated with ABC shows? It seems like Roku is a deal independent of that. 

Each "Baking Show" is its own thing.  For instance, Netflix has the original Great British Baking Show and carries the Christmas specials.  Roku apparently carries the Celebrity bake offs from what I saw when browsing.  I guess Netflix didn't want them?  

The Great American Baking Show is a separate show.  Netflix probably could have arranged for it if they wanted it but they didn't so Roku decided to pick it up after ABC opted not to make any more. 

This, by the way, is US-Centric.  Other countries will have different arrangements.