Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Just a Girl

• Start Topic

Secrets are exposed... new bonds are formed... others are shattered... as our characters journeys grow increasingly intertwined across an ever-changing world.

Premiere Date: May 4, 2023       Prime Video               

I'm so relieved there was a trailer for next week at the end.  Wikipedia says there are only 8 eps so I thought this was it.

Tunde's hubris really came back to bit him in the ass.  I don't understand why he's filing/posting videos while still in a hostile country.  He really is not very smart.

Damn Tatiana.  Why Do I feel like she has (understandably) been plotting Viktor's murder for years?  And the fact she did it without using her EOD.  Although, wouldn't Viktor have a panic button or something?

I was going to congratulate Tatiana on the killing of her disgusting husband, but I changed my mind when she also killed her assistant or whatever that poor girl was.

My interest in the show is dwindling down, mostly because I don't really like the characters. The family is boring and trite af, and I can't with the girls in the convent. Right now I'm a bit interested in Tatiana and Rox because they're chaotic, but the show needs something more/else to keep me hooked.

• Like 6
On 5/5/2023 at 7:46 PM, Shaynaa said:

Although, wouldn't Viktor have a panic button or something?

It would never occur to a guy like Viktor that he needs a panic button. In his mind, he’s too smart/strong/admired/beloved/whatever that no one would ever want to harm him. Especially his own wife, who he believes worships him.

I was okay with her killing him, but didn’t like that she threw her loyal assistant under the bus. At least the assistant is dead and doesn’t have to deal with the betrayal. And I get that Tatiana has endured a lifetime of abuse, but when you actually have one loyal friend, that is not the person to betray.

• Like 2

The hairdresser (she was that, not her assistant) wasn't loyal. The hairdresser was just as scared of Tatiana as Tatiana was of Victor. You could see that in the scene when she gave her the power, and especially when they "swapped places." When they were lying in bed, and the hairdresser was telling her about her brother, she was bracing herself to basically ask for this favor because she had spent this time ingratiating herself to Tatiana who hopefully had sway with Victor.

When Tatiana jumped on top of her, the hairdresser was scared shitless that Tatiana was going to hurt her. Then when Tatiana kissed her, the hairdresser was still scared, and she was confused, and just going along with it so that she didn't get killed.

I'm not saying that what Tatiana did was right by killing/blaming the hairdresser for what she did to Victor, but, no, the hairdresser was not her bestie, or loyal to her. She was just another servant to the first lady, and the hairdresser was afraid of Tatiana, but was willing to use any bit of possible sliver of favoritism that Tatiana had shown her to help her family. Which in the end, hopefully, Tatiana will do for her as she told her.