Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: A Beautiful Thing Is Never Perfect

• Start Topic

On 4/4/2023 at 3:18 AM, suzeecat said:

. . . beak-ish?

Very! It's all I look at when I see her. The clothing choices are a bit odd as well. Did she rummage in the attic for her mom's slightly yellowed old wedding dress!? Thank God for the flower crown or it would have been scarier :-/.

On 4/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

So, did Rische ever respond to his friend as to where he disappears to when he goes out with them at night?  He looked uneasy and not willing to explain.  

Obviously to his real wife and kids. lol.

Jen was so happy that he proposed to her with another ring, she should have told him "propose all you want but in till you tell your family you proposed to me the answer is no." He would have told that it would not be possible to tell them and she would "get" it and fly home never to return to India.  But we know she just cannot not give up on love, idiot.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I know I told Makkmewwd to leave me alone, but I didn't expect him to like...... leave me alone!!!!! 

Nicole, another idiot. 

It would be so fun if TLC could do a season of all these halfwit women in one house like a Big Brother meets Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip and just let the cameras roll.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
On 4/3/2023 at 12:01 AM, Frozendiva said:

Rishi owns a motorcycle and that is why he does not meet Jen at the airport. No luggage rack

Also, I remember when Jen arrived, she had a taxi ride for several hours from the airport where she landed (was it Delhi?) to Jaipur. She had peppered the poor cabbie with her inane questions. She had even spent the first night in the city where she landed. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

She continues to be mad at Yohan for not having money to pay for things like the light bill and yet she's known this entire time that he makes almost nothing

She is so smug and emasculating when she asks him about paying for things then makes comments like, "Of course you didn't pay the _____, you don't have any money!" 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

I am waaaaay behind this season but cannot resist to mention this and hope at least a few people will read this. :)

Why the hell did Jeymi and Kris need a wedding planner? Was it for the huge large numbers of guests (like 2 lol) or will there be a big party with hundreds of guests? 

• LOL 3
On 4/2/2023 at 5:00 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Plus you see shirtless guys jogging, at the beach, at the pool, doing yard work, boxing etc.  So whenever someone calls that half naked I have to give the side eye.

I think context means a lot, and given that most people wear a top and some kind of bottom (unless the person is wearing a dress), a shirtless photo would count as “half dressed” in my mind. 

On 4/5/2023 at 4:38 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Danielle acts like she doesn't know who she married. She continues to be mad at Yohan for not having money to pay for things like the light bill and yet she's known this entire time that he makes almost nothing. Where is she getting this surprise and indignancy each time?

Because now that she’s landed her prize (a husband) she wants to be taken care of. Or now that it’s not a vacation and mundane things like the light bill are a consideration she’s wondering what she did. Why didn’t she just keep him as a long distance boyfriend? Why did she marry him??

On 4/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, Kath94 said:

It seems that the Muslim men we've seen on this show are attracted to the exotic or forbidden, and want that in the privacy of their bedroom, but societal pressure causes them to want a compliant, dutiful Muslim wife in public.  They want the "freak" but only in private.  But they found it in public, right?

The dichotomy of a “lady in the living room and a whore in the bedroom”. 

On 4/3/2023 at 1:00 PM, Frozendiva said:

Rishi’s towel photo looked professional. Jen should ask about other women. It is not likely that there was no one the past two years. Maybe a few little flings. Not up to her friend to catfish because he will figure it out.  She has enough red flags - his family doesn’t know he is engaged to her, he is pretty slow on the engagement, he has only started to explain that she is likely to spend married life with him as being the family maid and living with everyone.

I do agree that a photo is the least of her worries. 

I do think Mahmoud’s brother was showing her genuine kindness, (and I think he does want them to work it out) BUT Nicole had Mahmoud have no business being together. They are fundamentally different, and want different things out of a marriage.