Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Redial

• Start Topic

After looking for a link between the Campbells and the FBI, Peter is forced to go on the run with Rose in search of a hard drive — and more answers.

Premiere Date: March 23, 2023       Netflix        

The Secret Service protection detail is missing and the power goes out and your first move isn't to call for help? It was later when he tells his White House protector that he is going off the grid

• Like 2

I'm certain that both halves of the murderous couple will likely meet a heinous end. I predict he will go first and she will go on a murderous rage and meet a violent end. I can't stand her character. Her mouth is always agape, which I guess is supposed to be sexy? For some reason his equipment doesn't work, so I guess she's frustrated. I think that the chief of staff lady will either be the mole or will be suspected of it until the bitter end. I'm sticking with this show for now. 

• Like 5
On 3/31/2023 at 8:36 AM, BetyBee said:

I'm certain that both halves of the murderous couple will likely meet a heinous end. I predict he will go first and she will go on a murderous rage and meet a violent end. I can't stand her character. Her mouth is always agape, which I guess is supposed to be sexy? For some reason his equipment doesn't work, so I guess she's frustrated. I think that the chief of staff lady will either be the mole or will be suspected of it until the bitter end. I'm sticking with this show for now. 

That actress’ mouth is always agape. I actually can’t stand her. I am enjoying this show so far, though. 

• Like 4
(edited)

The gapey-mouth actress is Eve Harlow (and I agree, if Madonna and her ego ever manage to get her biopic made, EH needs to be cast in it as Sandra Bernhard stat). I feel slightly bad for her because she always seems to get cast as the most AWFUL characters on spy/thriller shows. She was also in the short lived Evil AI Takes Over The World show neXt on Fox where her character was one of the good guys but was so incredibly annoying, all 7 viewers ended up rooting for the AI. 

I have a theory that there are 2 separate writers writing Peter's dialog and they have divided up the work by each writing alternate scenes. One of them thinks he is a nice, efficient, personality-free drone and the other thinks he is a pissy, neanderthal, surfer frat boy. Both of them hate the script editor and are deliberately withholding their work so this is not noticed until it is too late in the hope that the editor will be fired. That is why Peter #1 says things like "I am the one who is trained in evasive and defensive driving" and Peter #2 says "WHY YOU NO CAN HACK HARD DRIVE?! THIS WHAT YOU DO! HACK! HACK NAO! I BRING AX!" Neither of the writers wants to write Rose so her lines have been created by running a 2015 macro called generic_girlboss.exe. 

The bit where Peter found the removable brick with the hiding place behind it was hot from a mediocre 1970s Hardy Boys novel.

Also, don't stand on the piece of glass when there is a metal support 1.5 feet to your right, Peter. Dumbass. 

I'm still going to watch the rest of it. 

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
I can't spell "Bernhard".
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
On 4/8/2023 at 7:02 AM, BaskingsharkGTX said:

I have a theory that there are 2 separate writers writing Peter's dialog and they have divided up the work by each writing alternate scenes. One of them thinks he is a nice, efficient, personality-free drone and the other thinks he is a pissy, neanderthal, surfer frat boy. Both of them hate the script editor and are deliberately withholding their work so this is not noticed until it is too late in the hope that the editor will be fired. That is why Peter #1 says things like "I am the one who is trained in evasive and defensive driving" and Peter #2 says "WHY YOU NO CAN HACK HARD DRIVE?! THIS WHAT YOU DO! HACK! HACK NAO! I BRING AX!" Neither of the writers wants to write Rose so her lines have been created by running a 2015 macro called generic_girlboss.exe. 

The general vibe that I get is that Peter is overall supposed to be Peter 1, which is that nice drone office type who is otherwise indistinguishable from any other twentysomething guy you could see working at an office. (As long as they all clearly have time to work out at the gym for at least three hours 5 times a week.) I swear I remember an article where the showrunner said of Gabriel Basso something along the lines of, "You know he's a good guy the minute you see him- you just find something to like about him. That's why he works for this character." Peter is supposed to be that ordinary guy, nothing special or unique, dropped into an extraordinary situation. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The general vibe that I get is that Peter is overall supposed to be Peter 1, which is that nice drone office type who is otherwise indistinguishable from any other twentysomething guy you could see working at an office. (As long as they all clearly have time to work out at the gym for at least three hours 5 times a week.) I swear I remember an article where the showrunner said of Gabriel Basso something along the lines of, "You know he's a good guy the minute you see him- you just find something to like about him. That's why he works for this character." Peter is supposed to be that ordinary guy, nothing special or unique, dropped into an extraordinary situation. 

They may well be but IMO the overall approach to the character doesn't really work. Considering he's supposed to be the lead character and an FBI agent/sub-agent/whatever, he comes across as dull-witted, impatient and lacking in critical thinking skills. I know Rose has to be portrayed as an Empowered Woman™ or Netflix will get #cancelled, but he appears to be outsourcing any and all resourcefulness to her and is just along for the ride. 

We now know that he is being kept back in his career because of what people think his father did and he resents that. Maybe have that come out a little more in his actions because we only know that because he told Rose. Show, show - don't tell!

• Like 1