Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Wine & Children

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Nicky and Noah find out their dad has a new boo. Anthony and Fay look after Wyatt's plants while he's away. Sherm dates a mommy, and there's wine.

Original airdate 04/7/2023

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hula-la said:

Sherman found a new friend! 

Even though she looked too young to have a son that big, lol, I was glad he and Sherm became friends. 

Anthony and Fay were cute with their one offs that kept increasing. 

Nicky needs to grow up and let her father live his life.  At first Noah seemed fine with his father finding someone new, but then he got in cahoots with Nicky to make the woman look like a pot head.  I'm glad she turned the tables on them and was still seeing the dad.  

• Like 2
On 4/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, Crashcourse said:

Nicky needs to grow up and let her father live his life.  At first Noah seemed fine with his father finding someone new, but then he got in cahoots with Nicky to make the woman look like a pot head.  I'm glad she turned the tables on them and was still seeing the dad.  

I know I shouldn't care about realism with this show, but dang, there's no way that pot plot would have worked.  If the woman didn't smoke pot, and the father liked her, she would have insisted the pot wasn't hers, and the father would have believed her, especially given the convoluted-ness of both Nicky and Noah getting up from the table to go over to the other side to pick up the woman's purse from the floor.  It would never have ended well.

Unfortunately, this episode confirmed something from me, and that is just how bad of an actress Nicole Byer is.  All along I've thought how non-existent the brother/sister chemistry is between her and Noah, and how she just doesn't inhabit her role the way Echo Kellum does.  Then I saw how non-existent the daughter/father chemistry was with her and her dad.  When she sat down with him at his house and first opened her mouth to ask a question, it sounded like she was conducting a job interview.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

When Nicky's father got a lot of interest on the dating site, he said "Apparently I'm a zag."

I'm sure I spelled that wrong.  Can someone tell me what he said?  Apparently the kind of older man that women like.

I had to look up "zaddy."  Apparently, it's a sexually attractive man, especially an older one who is fashionable and charismatic.  While I thought the dad was attractive, I didn't find him fashionable or charismatic--at least going by what we saw of him.