Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: Acting Up

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Cruz feels the burden of his increased responsibilities. Kidd, Gallo and Carver get caught in the middle of a gang war on a call. Herrmann wrangles Trudy for help lifting Cindy's mood.

Airdate: 03/22/23

• Useful 1

51 doesn't seem to promote based on seniority do they? Both Capp and Tony have been on squad longer than Cruz, so why was Cruz chosen as acting Lieutenant? I get that Capp and Tony have always been little more than glorified extras but it makes it look like Boden thinks they're both too incompetent to be head of squad.

By the same token I always wondered why Mouch didn't mind Stella leapfrogging over him to become his boss. She was a firefighter for a red hot minute before she became a Lieutenant and his boss. I guess for whatever reason Mouch never wanted to become a Lieutenant himself, but I don't know how I'd feel about someone young enough to be my daughter suddenly becoming my boss.

The shoot-out scene in the apartment building was pretty damn intense. This show still knows how to do some things really well and this was one of them. Credit where credit is due.

So is Seager going to end up sleeping with every guy at 51? She's sure working her way through them.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

By the same token I always wondered why Mouch didn't mind Stella leapfrogging over him to become his boss. She was a firefighter for a red hot minute before she became a Lieutenant and his boss. I guess for whatever reason Mouch never wanted to become a Lieutenant himself, but I don't know how I'd feel about someone young enough to be my daughter suddenly becoming my boss.

Mouch worked under Casey for years without the age difference being a thing, so I don’t see why Stella being younger is a problem. And she was a firefighter for years before taking the lieutenants test. She wasn’t just promoted out the blue one day (like some characters I could mention on Station 19).

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So is Seager going to end up sleeping with every guy at 51? She's sure working her way through them.

I don't understand her appeal.  Maybe the guys like that pasted on hairdo.

Mouch worked under Casey for years without the age difference being a thing, so I don’t see why Stella being younger is a problem. And she was a firefighter for years before taking the lieutenants test.

We don't know the backstory because Casey and Mouch were already there from Day 1. It's possible Mouch transferred to 51 when Casey was already Lt. there.

Granted, Mouch has never expressed any interest in becoming Lieutenant himself or resentment against Stella, but putting someone that young in charge of such a much more seasoned fire fighter never sat right with me. Then again nothing with Stella ever sits right with me.

• Like 1