Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Little Green Ant

• Start Topic

It's all hands on deck as the war spills out into the streets of Kingstown. A mistake has serious repercussions. The trust between Mike and Bunny reaches a moment of truth. Iris finds herself with nowhere else to go.

Season finale dropping Sunday, March 19th, 2023.

Well, that was a finale. I did enjoy finally getting more of Milo and Mike together, though I have no idea how that last scene with Tati was supposed to be - I guess Milo's not dead? He got off the boat and made it explode to fake his own death? Who knows.

Lots of things in place for S3:

• Kyle is set on a dark path.
  • Bunny is set up for war on the police, which doesn't seem like one he has any chance at winning.
  • When Bunny's crew inside killed the AB leader - is that a favor to Mike? Or is Mike doing a Bunny a favor by making it happen? Who knows.
  • Kareem has absolutely separated himself from Mike, and as the warden, that's a big deal.

We have the prison admin vs Mike vs all the convicts and Bunny's crew vs the cops and Bunny's crew vs the AB and I guess the Mexicans are just not a factor at the moment?

I'm guessing Robert will pull through, and I assume Miriam will as well, though her house has been shot to shit. It would really depend on if Sheridan actually wants to give Miriam a decent storyline next season. And Iris led Milo to Mike's house? Damn. 

• Like 3

Is it wrong that I laughed through the shoot out at Mike’s, and at pretty much everything after that? Especially Mike leaving the paper in the other car, and telling Kyle that the fact Kyle shot their mom didn’t define him. Kyle, man, you did us all a favor!

As I have posted before, it isn't clear what this series is supposed to be about. Everyone in it is either a criminal, criminally dumb or inexplicable. It isn’t taking a position on anything (prisons, police, small towns, etc.). Only the voiceover at the very end of the finale at last provided a clue… they all live in a shitty place, and that makes them into shitty people. Fair enough. But that could have been said in 2 hours.

I would be surprised if there is a season three, and not because of JR’s injury (which I hope he recovers fully from). The show just doesn’t say anything. 

• Like 2

Well, we finally got the "big showdown" between Mike and Milo.  We waited two seasons for it.  Milo got his useless bonds and drove off in a boat that blew up but apparently he's still alive.  Ooh, scary!  Except in two seasons we actually haven't seen anything that makes him seem scary.

I could recap all the boring stuff that happened and why it was boring and/or didn't make any sense, but we all watched it, though I'm sure many of us are wondering why we're still watching at this point.  I sure as hell am.  This season was just painful.

I honestly hope it gets cancelled.  No offense to those of you still enjoying the show, but I found myself struggling almost every episode this season, and if it gets renewed I'll watch it -- I won't be able to help myself -- and I'll be annoyed at myself again for subjecting myself to it.  If it gets cancelled, I won't have to put myself through that.  I know, my own fault.  Somehow, I actually care about some of these characters, and if the series continues, I'll want to see what happens to them.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Orbert said:

Well, we finally got the "big showdown" between Mike and Milo.  We waited two seasons for it.  Milo got his useless bonds and drove off in a boat that blew up but apparently he's still alive.  Ooh, scary!  Except in two seasons we actually haven't seen anything that makes him seem scary.

I thought the buried bus full of dead people in S1 was pretty disturbing. 

23 hours ago, Orbert said:

But that wasn't Milo.  Mike found the bus while looking for the box of bonds.  The bus was victims from the serial killer.

It’s a tribute to the inconsistency of this show that I now must ask: The serial killer who we saw kill the witness? If so, how did that guy manage to kill those people, get a bus, put them on the bus and bury it successfully? If you combined his acts with Milos’ intelligence, we might have a decent bad guy.

Edited by Ottis

Finally watched the finale and the problem I have with this show is the same one I had with Sons of Anarchy and so many others. The writers are asking us to feel sympathy or empathy for these characters WHO ARE TERRIBLE. You shoot people, you kill people - now we're asked to feel badly that you're in a coma in the hospital. Everyone on the show seems shocked and aghast that the people they're trying to bully or manipulate or physically abuse just turn around and do it back. Robert always gets to fuck around, and now he's finding out. And we're supposed to be indignant about it. The only show I've seen handle this properly was Peaky Blinders when Alfie Solomon confronts Tommy Shelby about it. 

Anyway, Milo being all miffed to see Kyle in the backyard OF HIS OWN HOME!? Milo - KYLE LIVES THERE. What in the hell. Sure he wasn't there when Iris (blehhhh) arrived but him arriving home at some point should not arouse suspicion. Dummies. Then we're surprised when Miriam gets shot by friendly fire. I actually said out loud as Kyle came in the back door "great, now Ian and Kyle are firing across where Mike is with his mother". And Kyle and Ian are cops - they should know this?!

I did enjoy Ian with the long rifle taking out that Russian. Shades of the actor's previous role in Flashpoint as a sniper. 

It continues to disappoint me that the women are either prostitutes or wives. Such a complete lack of depth. Oh sorry, the DA and the prison magnate are neither but also don't accrue more than 15 minutes of screen time, all told. 

I don't know how this moves to a third season, honestly.

2 hours ago, Ottis said:

It’s a tribute to the inconsistency of this show that I now must ask: The serial killer who we saw kill the witness? If so, how did that guy manage to kill those people, get a bus, put them on the bus and bury it successfully? If you combined his acts with Milos’ intelligence, we might have a decent bad guy.

No, the serial killer from the first season. The father was the ADA or something who asked Mike to try and figure out a way to stop the execution so he could find proof that the serial killer did kill his daughter. Or something? It wasn't Charlie.

• Like 3

I doubt there will be a third season.  First, it's a Taylor Sheridan production which means the show is one of many current or allegedly future shows.

Secondly, although I wish him the best and a speedy recovery, Jeremy Renner probably won't be ready for a third season of this so soon after the accident that left him severely injured.

Third, the story of the shithole corrupt city has already been told and no one really cares what happens to Iris.

Maybe a new Mayor?  Kyle?  Wish list would be that Season 3 opens with Robert succumbing to his intensive care condition and Miriam cashing in her chips as well.

I still kinda like this show but it took me awhile to finish because this show works best as a binge show.   If the show doesn’t get renewed I will be ok with it because it ended in an ok place.   I do think the show needs to give the women more to do.   Maybe a rogue cop or something.  Then again I don’t care if every single character is unlikeable on a show as long as they act if not rational but logical….even tv rational and logical.    Honestly I kind of liked the actual prison stuff this season but then I always had a soft spot for prison shows.  And watching Mike and Bunny at odds was at least entertaining.    Milo and Iris are both useless characters.   I did like the story with Ma McClusky trying to save the kid but ultimately failing.   Though the way it ended was stupid and there was a better way to write it but it was at least a good idea.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1