Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Sesame Street Night

• Start Topic

Boring!  The only thing interesting about tonight's show were the Sesame Street puppets.  Showing my age and how out of touch I am,  I didn't know either of the two  unmasked singers.  

• Like 2

Man, it's been a long time since I saw the Sesame Street crew; their voices all sounded off to me, but that's just my age showing. :( Still, it was nice to see them used more than the Muppets were (I think there were more of them than the Muppets too). 

All 3 singers were quite good; no obvious one and dones but I felt Squirrel was going to get the first elimination. Her clues were too obvious (not that I got them) and she seemed marginally the weakest of the three. 

I didn't pay much attention to Fairy when she first came out, so as I was glancing up, I half expected her to be male until she started singing. She put on a good show and I'm fine with her moving on to the next round. Whether she's this group's winner or not remains to be seen. 

Jackalope also put on a good show and seemed to have fun on the stage. I would have been fine with her going on as well, but Fairy's costume seemed a little more extravagant which (to me) hinted at the results. I had no idea who Jackalope really is, but she's a good singer. 

As for the guest host, that is just the usual cross promotion they tend to do. I'm a bit surprised they didn't save her for next week with it being Country night. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

....Yeah, I can see that. She's a pretty good singer, and that does fit some of the clues. I'll need to rewatch her performance to be sure, though.

Spoiler

I think she fits a lot of the clues. She has a famous dad with a connection to the theme. Her first TV appearance was Sesame Street. She was in 21 Jump Street for the cop badge. She was in Hangin' With Mr. Cooper for the Basketball. She studied at the Sorbonne. It really does fit.

• Like 2

I thought all three singers were pretty good but I agreed with the panel that the Fairy was the best.  She has such a softness to her tone, it was very pleasing to listen to.

I've never heard of Lele Pons.  But like the Sugarland singer said, I think I'm a little too old for the "social" stuff.

So far, I think Fairy is the best of the remaining singers.  Better than California Roll, better than Gargoyle, and far better than Medusa.

4 hours ago, vibeology said:
  Hide contents

I think she fits a lot of the clues. She has a famous dad with a connection to the theme. Her first TV appearance was Sesame Street. She was in 21 Jump Street for the cop badge. She was in Hangin' With Mr. Cooper for the Basketball. She studied at the Sorbonne. It really does fit.

After rewatching her performance (and picturing

Spoiler

the "21 Jump Street" theme

while listening to it).... yeah, that's definitely

Spoiler

Holly Robinson Peete.

All three were pretty good and I agree with both the audience and panel votes. Since the new format, I think this is the first time that the defending champ was not in the battle. I'm old so I don't know who the influencer is. She did Shakira's song well since she said that she's been trying to impersonate her singing. But then she lacks variety since the fairy was better during the battle.

I agree with the spoiler for the fairy. I also agree with the spoiler for Medusa.  All I can say is that recording companies sure fix voices when they go off key in regards to Medusa. Michael Bolton was stiff as a doorknob last week but at least, he can still belt it.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I finally remembered to check on the spoiler for Gargoyle and I have no idea who this person is either:

Reveal spoiler

Keenan Allen

I don't know who that person is either but that's not surprising for me.

• Like 1