Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Wine & Traffic

• Start Topic

I'm so excited that the show is back. It's been a long wait. Were Nikki and Wyatt's brother officially a couple before last season ended? I'm glad that the Noah/Simone wedding didn't happen, but I do wonder where they're going with this storyline.

• Like 3

I think they hooked up, but weren’t a couple. I’m so glad this show is back, too. I realize Friday night isn’t a great scheduling time, but it will be a great way to end my week. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I forgot some of what happened last season, so I don't even remember Nikki and Wyatt hooking up.

I think it was shady of Simone to marry that other guy so quickly.  She couldn't even wait to see if maybe something happened to Noah.  I think he dodged a bullet, and his friends are probably relieved.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 2

Yay, it's back! The Simone/Noah thing is a little ridiculous but I don't see it lasting that long.  It did give us the hysterical bachelor party (and subsequent race to the courthouse) on the train though, so something good came from it. 

I wonder if the restaurant got new glasses. I noticed the wine glasses Fay and Nikki were drinking out of had an orangish tinge with a more sharp angled bottom to the bowl. Pretty. 

• Like 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

Yay, it's back! The Simone/Noah thing is a little ridiculous but I don't see it lasting that long.  It did give us the hysterical bachelor party (and subsequent race to the courthouse) on the train though, so something good came from it. 

I almost forgot my favorite moment -- when those young men saw the group running by and figured they should start running, too. Accurate.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

I kept seeing commercials for this show and thinking "I want to watch that" but kept forgetting to add it to my recordings.  Finally did it and binged season 1.  I really like this show. I think it's amusing- not always actual LOL's, but enough to make me continue.  Unlike some, I like Nicole Byers a lot.  She just tickles my funny bone for some reason. The way she enunciates some words just makes me chuckle.  Anyway, I am glad it got a second season.  I noticed there was no mod for this show, so I have decided to pick it up, so I'll be starting the threads for you all. :)

• Like 7

So am I the only one with issues about this episode?  I know it's just a sitcom, but still.  With the way business loans have tightened up lately, I can't see any way that Sherm would have gotten financing for that car/business, and he himself said he couldn't afford it (and leaving the crashed cars in the middle of the street isn't going to help matters any).  And how is it that he opened up a significant new business but hadn't discussed it with any of these folks beforehand?  Also, I thought it was so stupid and immature how Nicky and Michael broke up, although I did really like how they were in the back room with that owner and were ostensibly discussing the concept of the hidden back room but were really discussing the hidden nature of their relationship. (And given that Fay works there, how would they not already know about the back room?)  And more significantly, just marrying a citizen doesn't mean nothing more is needed for staying in the US. Sure the marriage to Courtney means Simone doesn't have to leave right away, but in order to get the green card to stay, there will be an interview to determine whether it's a real marriage, and being so public about the sham nature of the marriage may likely cause real problems a few months down the road.

But the main problem I had was the idea that a real, true friend would support you no matter what you were planning on doing.  "Go along to get along" is what any old person off the street can do, but a true friend is one that loves you enough to sometimes take the hard way.  We can be really blind to what we're actually doing sometimes and get swept up in newness or whatever, and a true friend is one who does what we can't do ourself. Also, I thought maybe the feeling would go away after one season, but I still sense no brother/sister chemistry/vibe at all between Nicky and Noah. 

But in spite of all this, I'm still drawn to the show!

13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So am I the only one with issues about this episode?

Nope, it was a silly ep, plot-wise. This is a hangout show, and I think that such shows are often terrible at plotting -- but they often throw in a bunch of plot at season's end for the sake of a cliffhanger. And then, of course, the first ep of the new season has to resolve things, reset things, etc. I'm hoping the show will get back to its shaggy dog style.