Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Rice Guys Finish Last

• Start Topic

40 minutes and fish was undercooked? 

Mark went home and I barely knew him.

Chris seems unhinged, angry… he is definitely loud. 

2 people did not grab a protein! Wow how is that possible? Lucky for Cassy the fish fell and she managed to use that!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

ucky for Cassy the fish fell and she managed to use that!

I didn't understand that at all.  How was using that fish not cheating?  I was expecting her to be disqualified at judging.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mertensia said:

Well, at least no one made sweet and sour chicken.

How do you not see the labeled protein?

I thought someone did -- the blonde woman who always wears her hair up. Think she was in the first cook off. 

I was sure Cassie was going to be in the bottom when she was so confident, but only grabbed sauces. 

That giant pile of fried rice that man bun served made me laugh. Nothing next level about that giant plate of food.

Angry chef needs therapy. He's this/close to totally snapping. He already was kicking the elevator. He said he has a chip on his shoulder. I think it's the size of a boulder. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

This episode was so stressful.  Cassie is going to be the one who makes me cuss.  Chris is the one who is going to make me file a restraining order...

There is no rule that says you can't use what falls off the platform.  I believe that a protein fell into the basement kitchen last season that someone knocked off the platform. 

These chef's grabbing skills are poor.  I thought that you would grab the protein first, then grab what to use around it.

Gordon finally loses one.  Nyesha has an awesome team. Richard has one great cook on his team. Tineke is deadly talented; frog legs? 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, DanaK said:

Can they only use what they take off the platform or are there staples in a pantry they can use?

They can only use what comes off the platform for their dishes.  The kitchens have a limited spice pantry and equipment depending on the level.  The top kitchen probably has the most, middle kitchen has less, the basement kitchen has very little.  That's why most of the dishes are probably seasoned less then they would be in a normal stocked kitchen.

I already thought Chris was creepy... and then he started talking about himself in the third person. Eek! He can't get eliminated soon enough.

And I didn't think it was possible, but Richard's hair is even more ridiculous than last season.

Otherwise: this show mostly stresses me out. The music, running, screaming - urgh.

i'm sure I've been doing it wrong all my life, but that seems like a really complicated way to make mashed potatoes.  i see it on hell's kitchen too, so i know it's just me!