Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Drones

• Start Topic

Robert, Kyle, and Ian look to get their story straight as the internal affairs investigation looms. In the wake of Lockett's murder, Mike and Evelyn's relationship grows tense. Mike takes care of a problem for Bunny. Tracy worries about Kyle.

Dropping Sunday, February 26, 2023.

I don't know what is going on with this show. This episode was just over a half-hour, but hey we got almost every woman in the same episode! Was just missing Rebecca. Normally I would say Mike being away from his phone at the end was very ominous, but the way this show has been going, he was probably just in the bathroom. We have three episodes left and I have zero idea where this is gonna go, and as the season goes on, I'm caring less and less.

Instead of feeling like the plot is building, it feels like it's being strung along. And so much shit is happening due to coincidence. Mike just 'happens' to drive by the Blacks and the AB meeting up, and he puts that fire out and is reminded Bunny's cousin wants to fuck him. Then he just 'happens' to drive up to the prison by the guy flying the drone. Then Kyle just 'happens' to see Iris out and about working. 

At least Iris is starting to realize she fucked up. And where is Ian's storyline going?? I am wondering if it's all gonna connect, or if these plotlines are all going to just meander off into the distance, like the rest of this season...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Moviesnob said:

and he puts that fire out

That was what I got out of this episode too. Mike is running around putting out fires but they are starting faster than he can extinguish them.

Then he just 'happens' to drive up to the prison by the guy flying the drone.

I think he was specifically looking for that guy because Bunny called him to say the drone train was still rolling.

Then Kyle just 'happens' to see Iris out and about working.

Because he went to the bar that the local Russian gangsters own, which is a curious choice for a guy who knows they operate out of there. I think this could be further manifestation of Kyle's self-destructive impulses.

Mike and Kyle, these are some important notes about Iris that you should bear in mind now that you have found her:

• She is alive
  • She is gainfully employed
  • She was happy until you showed up

And that should be that for her. Go talk to that kid in juvie instead, he actually needs your help.

Ian has himself a pet serial killer and wants to "take him to the dentist". I have a feeling this is going to be one of those plans that seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm not sure if this is connected to the other plot about the snitch in SWAT. Remember Ian, victims in pieces scattered all over the place and the police can't find the parts without a map from the guy who did it. Maybe you're counting on that for whomever you're planning on sending this guy after but he could just as easily do it to you too.

• Like 1

Lots of stuff happening, and yet somehow, nothing really happening.  Bunny is still inside, although he at least has a pretty cool little setup like in The Godfather, or Goodfellas.  I didn't look it up.

So the DA is gone, but Evelyn still doesn't seem interested in honoring the agreement, because it's war now.  Last week they made a point that things on the streets are a lot calmer now.

Iris...

Oh hell, I could go through all the various not-really-connected plotlines and why they all seem pretty pointless at this point, but instead I'll just wonder out loud why I'm still watching.  Nothing even makes sense anymore.  And I don't even like most of the characters.  But since there are only three episodes to go, and they keep getting shorter, I might as well hang on to the end.  Every once in a while, I'll watch a show for a while and then bail on it, only to find out that things really came together and the ending was amazing.  I'm honestly not expecting that to happen here, but I gotta keep watching just in case.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Orbert said:

Lots of stuff happening, and yet somehow, nothing really happening.  Bunny is still inside, although he at least has a pretty cool little setup like in The Godfather, or Goodfellas.  I didn't look it up

It was Goodfellas. Ray Liotta’s character Henry Hill (based on a real life person) narrates the movie and that scene in particular is memorable as he is telling the audience how prison is different for wise guys - they get to eat their own food, have wine/booze brought in, etc. He says that except for missing their families, it really wasn’t so bad. They show the guards carrying in sacks of gourmet items for them to cook in their private kitchen and Paul Sorvino’s character is slicing garlic very thin with a razor blade (something the guard in this show also mentioned). 

I have no idea where this show is headed this season. I hope Iris is out of it by the end - her character has really gotten a down graded role, though now that Kyle has found her the last episodes may be all about yet another rescue of her, which would be totally boring especially as she voluntarily went back to Milo and her old life. She went back to the man that sold her to another gang and they raped and brutalized her. She was supposedly terrified of Milo finding her and didn’t want witness protection as she felt she couldn’t trust them. If she knew right where he was all this time, why not just tell Mike and the FBI and let them take care of him? It’s really tough to buy her story.

I don’t know what Ian is setting up with serial killer guy (who I just realized is the actor who played Lem in The Shield) and I guess I’m a bit curious about that. 

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Like 1

Is Iris ever not teary-eyed? We get it, she can cry on demand.  Enough already.  Like Elisabeth Moss from The Handmaids Tale with the close ups of her dramatic face all the time, which is why I  stopped watching that show.

Kyle is really good looking.

All they show is Mike driving around in that car, ugh.

Bunny and Mikes friendship is everything. I wish I could know how they met. I’m happy Mike got Bunny the upgrade!!!! I think Kyle just needs to feel useful all the time or he won’t feel right. Iris absolutely pisses me off, the betrayal she did to Mike smh!!!

• Like 3
(edited)

Mike actually fixed some things! It required miraculous timing - twice - but hey, I’ll take it.

I really don’t get his mom. It’s like she wanders in and out of episodes.

Unfortunately, they found Iris. Think this time she will stay with the guy who doesn’t whore her out?

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 2
On 2/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, Rapunzel said:

It was Goodfellas. Ray Liotta’s character Henry Hill (based on a real life person) narrates the movie and that scene in particular is memorable as he is telling the audience how prison is different for wise guys - they get to eat their own food, have wine/booze brought in, etc.

The Godfather also had a cooking scene, although not in prison. It was when the mob "went to the mattresses", so I thought that both people were a little bit right about it.

I doubt Iris is the dumbest person on this show, but she's in the running. I wonder if the Wit Sec program is looking better now. At the time, she was so sad that she wouldn't be able to see Mike in protection - well, guess what - not seeing him now, either.

Kyle needs to get to a therapist, stat! At this point, he is not going to be a good dad. He's headed to be a drunk, abusive dad.

You know what? Robert is a psychopath, but he's (theoretically) on the "right" side, at least for now.