Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Alias

Trini
  • Start Topic

With her world crashing down around her, Nicky is forced to reevaluate her recent actions in order to move forward. Althea goes undercover to gain more information about Delta Securities, and Henry and Zhilan follow a lead regarding Xiao's whereabouts.

Tiffany Frances directed the episode written by Brian Anthony.

Airdate: 2/15/2023

KF310a_0255r.jpg?ssl=1

KF310b_0060r.jpg?ssl=1

So... Nicky and her team are using all the same tactics as before. I wonder if this plot of Nikky  on home confinement was to give the actress a break from the physical action scenes. Forgiving yourself but making no amends is some weak BS.

Icarus is a crazy name for a company. The story of Icarus is that he failed miserably due to hubris.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:53 PM, possibilities said:

Icarus is a crazy name for a company. The story of Icarus is that he failed miserably due to hubris.

All the good mythological names are already trademarked...

Zhilan and Henry are definitely going to hook up soon... and she got all those inconvenient boyfriend murdering impulses out of her system

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 1

This definitely felt like they took one of the atypical "Nicky goes undercover" stories that they've done before, but decided to switch it out by having it be Althea instead, in order to shake things up a bit.  Won't complain too much though because I'm all for Shannon Dang getting to be front and center, and she shined as always.  Not sure how much longer this show will last, but I hope there are big things in store for her going forward.

Aww, Zhilan is able to make it through a mission without killing anyone!  Well, maybe there was one guy, but still!  Progress!!!

Dennis is all about getting to have bigger roles in the missions once he get a taste of field work!  But going undercover probably wouldn't be his strong suit, to put it mildly.  At least he is adept at convincing his parents to give him some sweet cash when the time calls for it!

Is this actually it for Delta and David Wheeler?  Kind of hoped Patrick Fabian would stick around longer to smug things up a bit.

Xiao is continuing to drop bodies and gain more magical stuff, I see.

• Like 2

This was a fun episode from start to finish, and gave Althea some time to shine, which is always great.  Pairing her with Zhilan was a pleasant surprise, though having more of the team there would have been nice.  The takedown of Delta was satisfying, so I think this was well done.  

The stuff with Dennis' parents was entertaining, though I expected his father to already be an investor with Delta.  

I think the dialogue writing has definitely gotten better, with some nice conversations between various characters, starting with Nicky getting some clarity and peace with her shifu.  This show has a great cast and they are able to work well with sometimes limited shared screentime and material, with room to grow, so I really hope they can squeak out another season.

• Like 4
On 2/17/2023 at 3:10 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Dennis is all about getting to have bigger roles in the missions once he get a taste of field work!  But going undercover probably wouldn't be his strong suit, to put it mildly.  At least he is adept at convincing his parents to give him some sweet cash when the time calls for it!

Yeah, every vigilante team needs a rich benefactor to fund their missions, etc. so I guess that's him... and his parents. Loved his "I scream 'money'!" - LOL! One tiny nitpick: In trying to convince the Soongs, he said they didn't have evidence about Delta, but they do -- even if it's just the stuff the gang has seen firsthand.

Where I thought the plot in this episode was weak was that I don't think there was much tension or conflict. The team had to 'X, Y, and Z', and they did 'X, Y, and Z' with a few obstacles that were overcome easily, and no consequences. Yes, there were some fun scenes within that; but it felt a little lazy to me. (Yes, there are probably a bunch of other episodes of this show with the same problem, but it really stood out for me here.)

And I know I shouldn't think about these things too hard, but do we think Nicky was actually talking to Pei Ling during her meditation or was it just Nicky's manifestation?

• Like 1

Good thing Henry is a magical compass... Nicky and Zhilan share a capacity for Attempted Boyfriendicide ... If he is looking for a relationship, maybe he should ask Althea to set him up with one of her former employees / co-workers...