Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: O.P.P.

jewel21
  • Start Topic

While Billy preps his team for the combine, Spencer hears some news that leaves him rattled. Asher steps up to help Jaymee following her hospital visit. Coop helps Preach prepare for his custody trial.

Airdate: 02/06/2023

Spencer pissy because Billy is taking a better job that he wants because he's never allowed to leave Crenshaw is ridiculous.

Olivia deciding to go after Spencer is better that pretending to be friends.

I guess someone dying.

• Like 1

Even though nothing has happened, I was relieved when Olivia actually did confess her feelings to Spencer.  Before that, I was like "Oh Lord, she's going to back off and do nothing because of his clueless 'I'm glad we can be friends now' comment."  She is definitely a good influence on him, because after spending time with her and breaking stuff, he finally stopped running around yelling at everyone, which seemed to take most of the first half of the episode.  I understand him being protective of Crenshaw and worried of what will happen if Billy leaves, but wasn't Spencer leaving Crenshaw for his own opportunity the entire premise of the show in the first place?  They mentioned him leaving Crenshaw for college, but not the first time he left.

It's nice that J.J. and Asher have made up without going the cliché route of it being because of Jaymee dying.  It's not surprising that Olivia would notice that J.J. has a drinking problem, but it is surprising that Asher wouldn't notice after going through that with his dad.  I guess he just thought it was part of "fun J.J."

I am concerned about Preach.  I don't know if he really didn't do whatever with the bag, and if he decided not to, wouldn't he get in trouble with that woman?  I know Preach would probably say that he didn't want to put down Amina's mom, but I still think the grandparents couldn't have been great parents to end up with two psychopaths for kids, and they still haven't mentioned that as a reason for why Preach should get custody.

• Like 2

The show can't stand too much real truth, eg Olivia proclaiming her undying love for Spencer.  There would be nothing left to deal with.  I very much enjoyed that scene.

Spencer is being ridiculous, as he must be, to roil things up in this soaper.  In contrast, Alicia is righteous as can be.  You go girl!  She's better than even Coop at seeing through prevarications.  She might even be better for Spencer than Olivia - or anyone else!

JJ is essentially hopeless until he reaches a super low bottom.  Time for ALL to cut bait and move on.  IRL, I know how awful it can be to see such incredible promise and even goodness in someone who is caught in the throes of substance abuse/addiction.  IMO, the only option is for loved ones to understand that the "good" or "healthy" person is gone.  They are now dealing with a pod person.  Tragic, indeed.  

Clay is up to no good.  Layla is wrong about the harm of competing labels.  Beef like that is great for marketing hype.  Clay knows this, so he will play the game and then pull the rug out from under her.  Decisively.

Billy can do one helluva lot of good at GAU if he chooses.  His particular gifts are not limited to dealing with high school-age lads.  The real problem for him is that he absolutely does not have the backing from the school (Barnes) that he was cultivating at Crenshaw.  For his own good, he should stay.

Coop continues to absorb knowledge via osmosis.  

Preach's arc is truly heartbreaking and substantial.  I sincerely wish I knew of any solution for men in  his position and their at-risk children/families.  To me, THIS is the storytelling that justifies all the nonsense we must endure.    

• Like 2

That is not supporting Layla, Jordan.  That is butting in and making things worse.

The wardrobe department must have the lowest budget, since 99% of shirts  for the women are made with only half the fabric.

Preach and Coop need to have only good things happen for them.  And Preach has a Bachelor’s!  Who knew?

• Like 3