Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Ticking Time Bombs

• Start Topic

I did not get the thrift store scene at all "Before I buy these criminally underpriced items from you, let me tell you why they're underpriced".  Was this just completely fake?  I also thought she spent her last $20 on candles, so how is she investing in anything now?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

I did not get the thrift store scene at all "Before I buy these criminally underpriced items from you, let me tell you why they're underpriced".  Was this just completely fake?  I also thought she spent her last $20 on candles, so how is she investing in anything now?

I didn't get it either. And I don't believe she has such a good eye that she can identify platinum with the naked eye. 

And I don't understand why she is driving an $80,000 car and claims she can't sell it. I know she still owes $20k and since she doesn't own it outright she can't straightforward sell it. But there has to be a way that she can, say, sell the car for $60,000, use $20 to pay off the balance on the loan and have $40k left for a less expensive car and to get back on her feet. I mean, people do this, right? And isn't that a better option than the car getting repossessed when she stops paying the monthly note?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I didn't get it either. And I don't believe she has such a good eye that she can identify platinum with the naked eye. 

And I don't understand why she is driving an $80,000 car and claims she can't sell it. I know she still owes $20k and since she doesn't own it outright she can't straightforward sell it. But there has to be a way that she can, say, sell the car for $60,000, use $20 to pay off the balance on the loan and have $40k left for a less expensive car and to get back on her feet. I mean, people do this, right? And isn't that a better option than the car getting repossessed when she stops paying the monthly note?

Mrs. Anon mentioned that she was leasing.  Again, I can sympathize with her for thinking that she's pulling in huge money and spending accordingly.  This reminds me a bit of Bilal on 90 day, come to think of it.  But if she doesn't own anything besides her jewelry, I can get how she's in a tight spot now.

We have all gently used cars.  Almost own them all.  That feels nice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Time bombs! Red flags! Positive pregnancy tests! What a bunch of train wrecks!

Travis' mom. All the signs of a possessive MIL, but with a phony sweet smile. Stakes her claim on her son - demands to sit with him, holds his hand like a girlfriend, then takes the engagement ring and puts it on her own finger, saying she'll keep it until Ashley proves herself to her. (Or until she can convince her son to be her sonsband .)

Both Travis and his mom, and even Ashley act like it's *her* job to provide for them. He's buying overpriced stuff they can't afford for his mom to make Ashley look good? That sure makes sense. All the while mom is planning to sabotage the relationship. Mm, mm, mm.

Derek and his family. Yikes. Can this guy open his mouth without lying? Couldn't believe his mom was the one to turn him on to weed and dealing.

Cameron - short with a shorter fuse, and another bossy, loudmouth family. He's looking like a real abuser/control freak in the making.

Nathan flies off the handle for just about no reason. I find him scary, and not at all how he acted before Skylar got out. Run, girl - he broke your phone to punish you for spending time with a girlfriend.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

momma Travis has a nice set up in her basement, too bad he has that barnacle attached to him. Not sure why they needed to buy 3 candles, couldn't they have brought one and a nice plant? Aris, girl you did yourself no good not going to the family party, you could have met up with him there after saying your good-bye to your lovely daughter and stopped in for an hour. However, Cameron should have told his family she was sick rather then she didn't want to come, way to have your wifes back. Justine, just plain dumb to quit her job now especially with number 9 on the way. Michael heads over to some twenty something record producer whose studio looks to be upstairs in a converted garage, however I love him telling Michael there isnt any venues around that he can lip sync his music at. Nathan and Skylar are just a toxic duo and just part ways. Can someone get a stylist for Monique please, those tank dresses are not doing her any good and are not flattering at all

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Aris, girl you did yourself no good not going to the family party, you could have met up with him there after saying your good-bye to your lovely daughter and stopped in for an hour. However, Cameron should have told his family she was sick rather then she didn't want to come, way to have your wifes back.

This felt like deceptional framing to me again.  First of all, leaving a 9 year old alone in her own hotel room is highly suspicious, but the idea that she had to go back to her father or other custodial parent, and that Aris was just going to leave her to her own devices, and she just choose on a whim to send her off instead I can't accept.  What parent wouldn't choose her child over her inlaws?

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

I guess when you put it in a jar a $5 candle becomes a $28 candle.

2 hours ago, anoninrva said:

This felt like deceptional framing to me again.  First of all, leaving a 9 year old alone in her own hotel room is highly suspicious, but the idea that she had to go back to her father or other custodial parent, and that Aris was just going to leave her to her own devices, and she just choose on a whim to send her off instead I can't accept.  What parent wouldn't choose her child over her inlaws?

I think the child traveled with her friend Kendra and they were probably sharing a room but Kendra had gone out for a bit.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Travis and Ashley do definitely seem to be a train wreck (and Ashley an immature, bizarre crazy crier I couldn't handle being near at all), but I liked how in the candle store Travis told the guy there that he'd been "away for awhile" from his mother with no further explanation at least on camera (not that the man hadn't been already informed as to why the cameras were there and for what reality show).  Previous couples in other seasons of this show have strangely thought it appropriate or necessary to explain to random strangers that they'd just been released from prison, for how long they'd been there and why.  I'd sure want to keep that information from people if possible to try to make a better impression and new start in life, not inform anyone and everyone for no real reason.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Maybe its just me, but $80+ for THREE candles?   I was amazed a shop that seemed to only be selling candles could stay in business.  

This whole candle scenario is a perfect example of why these people live the way they do and end up where they do - its stupid decision after stupid decision, yet justified in their minds for "reasons".   Someone who just got out of prison, who has no job, who is with a woman who has no money, no home, is leasing an expensive car... they decide they need to spend $80 for a gift for a woman who owns a large home and appears to be doing just fine financially. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1