Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Five At Five

• Start Topic

I actually noticed the swearing this time and I am someone who swears an uncomfortable amount. Also dropping the c word is always noticeable in a US production.

Mike has fucked himself. Always under promise and over deliver, Mike! Bunny has a right to be pissed. He is the worse for wear of all the leaders and is supposed to be the closest with Mike.

I don’t understand KPD’s logic in performing a raid on Bunny’s family right after doing this big thing with the gang leaders, knowing how tenuous the situation is. Ian and Steve were way too nonchalant about it and with Mike afterwards.

Oh Iris, what did you think was going to happen? No one but Mike thinks you’re special.

Does anyone else find this show so dark it’s hard to see what is happening? It’s really frustrating.

Edited by mledawn
  • Like 1

I have NO idea why they would raid Bunny's families residence after this! Unless they have it in for Mike?? That was idiotic. It looks like someone on Mike's family is going to be in the crosshairs by mid-season - I was pretty sure that either Iris or Evelyn wouldn't make it out of this season alive, but it could be Mike's mom. Who knows, but he's going to take a hit in some way. 

Oh, Kyle. You quit! It's interesting they take him out of Kingstown for all of two episodes, only to shove him back in like this. I am wondering what kind of trouble he's going to get himself into while he's 'going crazy' for something to do.

And Iris... right back where she started. I'm not sure what the deal is with Tati, if she's trying to set up Mike, working for Milo or truly worrying about Iris, but will be an interesting ride. I lol'ed when Mike, again, got the advantage of Joseph not once, but twice. Dude cannot fight for shit.

Also that scene with Mike, Ian, and Stevie was hilarious. "we were fucking so fucking respectful." They were all having temper tantrums. 

I liked seeing Bunny dominate and show us how he got where he is, but damn. I love their 'friendship' and do not want to see that respect fall away, but I get where they're all coming from. I wish Mike could get his family out of there, but I know that's not happening. 

Bunny came up with as good of a plan as he could there except for the part where he just sat around hoping for the best. Like does he think none of the other gang leaders had similar things in mind? Or that they wouldn't notice when all the guards turned their backs at once?

Kyle was quite adamant last episode that he didn't want Mike's problem (specifically Iris) becoming his problem. Bearing that in mind I thought it was funny that he came back begging Mike for a task and all Mike has for him is "help me figure out where the Russian mob boss is". Yes, that will go well I am sure.

Speaking of which, all I know about Russian gangsters is what I have seen on TV but even I know that if you're looking for the Russian mob boss he's either at the strip club or at the church. And that is one big-ass church.

However, I think Mike is playing Milo. He "put on a cape" to go try to rescue Iris and beat that one goon down (twice even!) while asking where she is. There was no real reason for him to do that if she is working at that club trying to make $5k an evening. So I am pretty sure he already knows where she is and just wants the Russians to think he doesn't know. Otherwise everyone is just going stupid over a gal who likes to prove she's not worth the effort. Wouldn't be the first time in history this has happened but I hope these characters are a little smarter than that.

19 minutes ago, Moviesnob said:

I have NO idea why they would raid Bunny's families residence after this! Unless they have it in for Mike??

I think this could be factor for sure. Mike is insisting that everyone play by the drug dealer's rules and the cops aren't having it. So they knock over Bunny's grandma's place to assert dominance and make Mike's life more difficult.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Bunny came up with as good of a plan as he could there except for the part where he just sat around hoping for the best. Like does he think none of the other gang leaders had similar things in mind? Or that they wouldn't notice when all the guards turned their backs at once?

Do you mean the leaders of the Black gangs? The other leaders - the ones who were sent inside - were in on the guards turning their backs, weren’t they? He gave them a signal and they all nodded/confirmed. I thought they were trying to get their own gangs in order to set the hierarchy.

• Like 1

I have no idea what the five at five plan was. Was it so all the gangs leaders would beat up the new inside leaders?  Why did bunny get beat up. Was that planned?  I’m just about out on this show. Why tf does like have such a soft spot for iris?  Who cares Mine, let her go.  And having Hawkeye say the c word doesn’t sit well me, Disney and marvel. Lol. 

Mike should know by now that the cops are not going to live up to their end of the deal.  They never do.  Mike warned them that the gangs were going to actually ask for favors during the whole “let’s kill the tweaker” story that snowballed into a prison riot.  Now Mike is telling them to just not going hubs blazing into Bunny’s territory much less his home while he is trying regain power inside prison.  And yeah there is zero chance things are going to go smoothly when it’s time to walk them out.

Bunny knew full well someone was going to come after him.  He sat there waiting to see who it was.  It’s easier that way.   The guards were already busy ignoring the situation so when the leader of the other gang approached him it just saved time.  

I am caring less and less about Iris each episode which is a shame.  The only thing this show actually lacks is a strong female roll.  And Iris certainly is not it.  Either is whoever that lady or Mike’s mom.  

Kyle should follow Mike around for a few episodes.  That might be fun.  Watching a cop react to Mike and the lengths he goes to get things done behind the scenes.  

7 hours ago, mledawn said:

The other leaders - the ones who were sent inside - were in on the guards turning their backs, weren’t they? He gave them a signal and they all nodded/confirmed.

42 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Bunny knew full well someone was going to come after him.  He sat there waiting to see who it was.  It’s easier that way.

Ah, thanks, this makes sense now. I did see that the other gang leaders signaled to Bunny but I still thought he should be expecting betrayal from any or all of them. And he did, he was just being efficient. It is after all, hotter than a MF in there. Sorry I doubted you Bunny, you know what you're doing.

Probably a new world record for F-bombs in a two-minute stretch.  Or three or four, or the whole episode for that matter.  Man.

Still not sure what's so scary about Milo.  Even Iris who I thought was scared shitless of him, goes right to him, and gets a nice new tracking beacon installed.  I thought for sure Mike was going to go upstairs, find her, and "rescue" her, with no idea that she has a new tracker.  It would've been stupid, but apparently right in character, as it looked like that was his plan.

Mike should just show up and pistol-whip Joseph once a week to get his cardio exercise.

Ian's office is being renovated because of asbestos?  Another clever plan to obscure the fact that all the sets are different?  So clever!