Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Fool's Paradise

jewel21
  • Start Topic

What was that?

How is Aaron advising on two dissertations when he doesn’t have a Masters degree? I can’t understand Zoe’s career success, so I’m not even going to ask..although didn’t she have meetings to get to?

why do I care?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/22/2023 at 8:52 PM, Blueeyedgirl said:

How is Aaron advising on two dissertations when he doesn’t have a Masters degree? I can’t understand Zoe’s career success, so I’m not even going to ask..although didn’t she have meetings to get to?

Zoe's potential success is much more plausible than Aaron's. forget advising students, how in the hell is he a TENURE-TRACK professor without a master's degree (and even with a masters you can only be a lecturer/adjunct). It's bizarre. 

Also, this was a very different show. If they wanted to focus on Zoe and Aaron (and Doug) and following them on the post-undergrad journey into adulthood/the real world, they should have done that instead of adding all these new characters. I would actually watch that show, despite hating Zoe and Aaron as a couple. They're annoying. 

• Like 2

Zoe and Aaron have an unhealthy relationship and apparently unlimited funds. My only questions are 1. why is this show still on, and 2. why am I still watching it? 

The best thing I'll say for it is that it's only 20 minutes. 

On 1/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, woodstock said:

What has happened to this show??!!! That was awful! What was the point?

I can't figure out if the show is trying to appeal to the influencer wannabe generation or what, like is Zoey supposed to be an aspirational character for people who want to have top-shelf everything despite not doing a whole lot of work to earn it? Because if there's another aim, they are missing it with an episode like this. 

I haven't even watched the rest of the new episodes, this one was so ridiculous. I assume they've returned to Junior and the new crew, but this was such a bizarre season opener that I can't be bothered to check back into it.

• Like 2

They did pivot to Junior and his friends and campus life. It seems lke the episodes about Zoey are absolutely stupid but the campus episodes are more similar to the way the series used to be. Whether they're good or not is a matter of taste, but there really is a distinct change in tone between the Zoey eps and the Junior eps.