Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Car Chase From Hell

• Start Topic

Monique & Derek are followed on a wild car chase; Chris discovers Gabby’s secret.

Yes, the car chase continues.  Monique panics and speeds up.  Derek tells her to slow down.  Will they spin the car?  Will they crash?  Will we find out Nana's chasing them?  More to come on the Fast and the Furious: Idiot Drift. 

We'll learn Gabby's secret, because of course she has a secret.  They all have secrets.  Without secrets, how will they ever build loving, trusting relationships?  

Finally, not to scare you off, I fear we will get to hear the musical stylings of Cameron; a.k.a. OG Kam.  Gird your ears.  Rhythm is not his strong suit, and rhythm is critical to rap. 

Original air date 2023.01.20  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I really didn't get Gabby's secret.  It seems a bit unfair that if you get into an altercation with an off-duty police officer that that's treated as assaulting an (on duty) police officer, but I don't forsee that working out for her.  The car chase was insufferable, especially if it was just an aggrieved baby momma.  Skylar kind of sucks, but Nathan is bad news.  That kind of hair-trigger temper is dangerous.  I kind of liked Cameron's sisters, but not what they were wearing (well, the t-shirt, at least.  The other outfit wasn't as bad).

• Like 4

The rose Nathan and  Skylar order retails for $5.99.  When he told her to stand up, I was afraid he was going to propose.  Because nothing says romance like yelling at your partner at a restaurant. He goes off at the drop of a hat (or the ring of a phone). Of course normal folks would have: not answered their phone, or answered it to explain they are at dinner and would call the person another time, or ask their girlfriend to talk to the person later.  Nathan is bad news.

Gabby was not at the wrong place at the wrong time.  She did all of the wrong things.  That is another very messy couple. 

I'm all in for Derek knowing who was in the white car of all evil.  I wonder if the cameraman and producer got their SAG cards? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I’m still not sure why the producer and the cameraman were in the car and broke the 4 th wall. The cameraman ( who wasn’t filming) looked scared to death. Was that really NOT producer inspired hi-jinks?  I will happily watch Gabby go to jail for years where she can enjoy her tight vag and bleached ass after a public defender does a terrible job of defending her. Jury trial?  She surely doesn’t think she’ll charm a jury in any way.  
 Who knew that the mostimportant thing about capturing the heart of a felon is being accepted by his vicious sisters.  And why are these felons so anxious to be with the family that ignored them for years.

• Like 4

The camera man was trying to get his grammy with Monique and Derek cringe lol. I was thinking his "sisters" were following them. What if they aren't really his sisters and Derek is dating the one with the deep voice in the hotel room next week? Lol. Justine is a pretty girl but has a bad attitude. She still had an attitude with Michael's family. She is looking for problems. His mom didn't really do anything. Justine probably has more issues with Michael's sister if anything. Skylar should not have answered for her guy friend at dinner. She would have been really upset if Nathan did that. I think Nathan was cheating when he wasn't answering her calls.

Skylar and Nathan seem opposite. I'm surprised he's into her. Gabby has a nasty attitude too. I actually feel for Chris. Seems like he's trying to get along with her.

• Like 4
On 1/20/2023 at 11:33 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The rose Nathan and  Skylar order retails for $5.99.  When he told her to stand up, I was afraid he was going to propose.  Because nothing says romance like yelling at your partner at a restaurant. He goes off at the drop of a hat (or the ring of a phone). Of course normal folks would have: not answered their phone, or answered it to explain they are at dinner and would call the person another time, or ask their girlfriend to talk to the person later.  Nathan is bad news.

I was so much on Nathan's side during this restaurant scene that I wanted to take Skylar outside and explain to her why he was so upset.  Nathan is apparently not very good with his words.

She kept assuming that he was jealous of whoever it was who was calling her.  Not at all.  He was pissed that she insisted on answering her damn phone and talking, when this was supposed to be a special date for them.  He was objecting her her rudeness; he didn't care who was calling her.  She should have turned the phone off.

I could maybe understand if Nathan had been the one just out of jail, who--like one of the other returning citizens, whose name of course I don't remember--who wasn't accustomed to the new addiction to talking on the phone in any and every situation.

I think his anger was as much his frustration at his inability to communicate as it was with her insistence that the caller was an old friend, so he had nothing to worry about.

• Like 5
On 1/20/2023 at 10:10 PM, anoninrva said:

but not what they were wearing (well, the t-shirt, at least.

Aris had a top on that was somehow more obscene than going topless.  Bottom of the boob drawn and then nipple substitutes attached.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:33 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Gabby was not at the wrong place at the wrong time

Which is the oldest line in the book like a drunk driver claiming they had just two beers.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
59 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Aris had a top on that was somehow more obscene than going topless.  Bottom of the boob drawn and then nipple substitutes attached.

They were pierced, too.  But much smaller than her actual bust, which is weird.

I thought the split t-shirt was more obscene.  Or just uncomfortable.  I'm trying to be more empathetic. 

• LOL 2
On 1/20/2023 at 8:10 PM, anoninrva said:

I really didn't get Gabby's secret.  It seems a bit unfair that if you get into an altercation with an off-duty police officer that that's treated as assaulting an (on duty) police officer, but I don't forsee that working out for her. 

Gabby had two secrets regarding legal issues. I agree that having an issue with an off duty police officer in plain clothes should not be treated the same as if she was fighting with a police officer.  Anyone could claim to be a cop.  That case may go nowhere.  It depends on how serious the altercation was. 

The other issue was losing her license because she was going double the speed limit, then, when pulled over, she took off. Just a stupid choice.  Car chases endanger others. That was her "wrong place, wrong time" defense.  Yeah, no. 

Gabby seems to consistently make bad choices.  She is also quick to take offense and thinks she is some special prize.  There is nothing appealing about her.  Then again Chris is bottle of the barrel so . . . . 

• Like 4
On 1/20/2023 at 11:10 PM, anoninrva said:

It seems a bit unfair that if you get into an altercation with an off-duty police officer that that's treated as assaulting an (on duty) police officer, but I don't forsee that working out for her. 

Didn’t she say it was a security guard and she was charged with assault on a peace officer?

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Didn’t she say it was a security guard and she was charged with assault on a peace officer?

Yes, but police officers often moonlight as private security, so I'm only inferring that's what happened here.  Maybe someone has the arrest records online.

Maybe that law applies because cops are never really fully off duty.  Like what if a criminal waited until the cop’s shift ended and then attacked him outside his home?

Edit:  assuming this happened in NJ because she lives there the officer has to be on duty at the time of the assault for this charge.  So I am wondering if the bar called the police and she is not being accurate in saying it was a security guard (whether an off-duty cop or not).

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2