Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

Gabby/Shreyas seem way more compatible than Gurleen/Shreyas. Nice matchmaking, Arica.

On the Bravo site, the cast only shows the US based folks. So I wonder why Gurleen didn't get a 2nd option. Maybe she demanded to go home? 

Wondering if there are back-up matches in all the countries. If so, not sure why the international folks aren't included in the cast. Was Gabby a back-up castmember and they flew her Dubai after Gurleen pulled the plug? Would they have sent her to Ireland had it been Danna instead? So much for matchmaking!

I'm actually pleased that Gurleen forced their hand. Not much hope for the rest of the couples either, especially Panama. I still think they're holding them hostage somehow. Why is Naeem still there?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, snarts said:

Gabby/Shreyas seem way more compatible than Gurleen/Shreyas.

I agree, but I'm not sure I could get over being the emergency back up match, to be deployed if (or when, with this show) the real match implodes. 

6 hours ago, snarts said:

Would they have sent her to Ireland had it been Danna instead? So much for matchmaking!

Good question. 

Other random thoughts:

Every time Paris Aaron giggles nervously, I want to scream.  Poor Mael wanted a kiss so bad you could see it all over his face and he didn't get it, even though he puts up with the giggling.  Life's not fair.

Chandra and Naeem:  What a mess.  In the episode last week, they showed her perched on the end of her couch with a headset on and a computer screen over on the table, and I guessed she's some sort of customer service person, and just looking at that tableau told me why customer service is the pits these days.  Then in this episode they showed her saying, "How else can I help you" or whatever, so she's definitely customer service, and I realized she's taking customer service calls in between leaving banana peels in her sink to draw flies, and fights with her boyfriend.  That also tells me why customer service is the pits these days.

But Naeem saying he's going to stay home but instead goes on a New Year's Eve date with someone else and lying about it?  That's a new low.  Sure, Chandra's not offering him anything he wants, but dang.

I love Ireland Brian's house.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 1/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, snarts said:

Gabby/Shreyas seem way more compatible than Gurleen/Shreyas. Nice matchmaking, Arica.

On the Bravo site, the cast only shows the US based folks. So I wonder why Gurleen didn't get a 2nd option. Maybe she demanded to go home? 

Wondering if there are back-up matches in all the countries. If so, not sure why the international folks aren't included in the cast. Was Gabby a back-up castmember and they flew her Dubai after Gurleen pulled the plug? Would they have sent her to Ireland had it been Danna instead? So much for matchmaking!

I'm actually pleased that Gurleen forced their hand. Not much hope for the rest of the couples either, especially Panama. I still think they're holding them hostage somehow. Why is Naeem still there?

I’m thinking Gabby is a friend of Shreyas that the producers brought in so this show wouldn’t be a total bust - he’s a completely different person with her, and they’re way too comfortable right off the bat. Also, that “now we’re talking” comment from Shreyas’ dad was too much.

• Like 2

After last night’s episode, I’m not sure if Shreyas and Gabby already knew each other - but he is a whole different person with her!

Felt bad for Mael - Aaron seemed dull, ignorant and self-absorbed. Good riddance!

Naeem didn’t waste any time finding someone new - can’t blame him after Chandra brought her ex around.

Philip and Carmen never seem to be on the same page.

Danna and Brian - wow, he actually told her (as a compliment!) that he had raised his attraction to her from 2.5 to 5. 

So much for this matchmaker! Pretty clear that you cant pre-measure the “spark” potential - matchmaking works best where people pair up for other reasons, perhaps exploring that spark on the side.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 7
On 1/26/2023 at 8:44 AM, nexxie said:

After last night’s episode, I’m not sure if Shreyas and Gabby already knew each other - but he is a whole different person with her!

I wonder, though, how things would have been if Gabby had had to move in with Shreyas and his parents, like Gurleen did.  Would the parents have also been running around during the Annie Hall lobster chase?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 1/26/2023 at 5:44 AM, nexxie said:

Danna and Brian - wow, he actually told her (as a compliment!) that he had raised his attraction to her from 2.5 to solid 5. 

FYFY! And he said it like he was soooo sincere. Dude is a gaslighter.

7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I did laugh when Phil told Carmen his mother had breast fed him till he was 5.  She said that explained a lot.  

Seriously, telling that to someone you wanna get with sexually?!? Someone who's nipple could be in your mouth one day?.Duuuuude. Just, NO.

I regret wasting any of life's precious minutes on watching this show, but it has made thinking about something.

First of all, I wish I had broad shoulders.  Clothes hang so nicely on women with broad shoulders.  Maybe Brian was fondly remembering his youth, when women's clothes had gigantic shoulder pads.  Or maybe he admires her broad shoulders, thinking she could be effortlessly slinging around big bags of chicken feed. 

But on this makeup thing.  I hate that women have to even deal with this; it's always struck me as so unfair that men just look like how they look (even at their weddings!) but women don't have that luxury.  I haven't used makeup since high school, and I just look like how I look.  But I've had to make a choice to look like how I look, and people can and will draw inferences from that choice.  That's not the case for the other half of the population.  We can't just be.

Anyway, its brought up this issue...Which is worse:  Being told you'd look better with makeup, or being told you'd look better without makeup?  The former says, "You're ugly and should do something about it."  This is obviously hurtful.  The latter seems to say (and I think this is how Brian intended it) "You look nice without makeup."  This would seem to not be hurtful, and I wondered why Danna was so upset.  But I think she didn't hear that, and instead heard, "Your choices are awful." 

So which is worse?  Being told you're ugly, or being told your choices on how you present yourself are bad?  I think I'd be more hurt by having my choices criticized. 

Whatever.  This show doesn't warrant any deep musings about anything.   My main takeaway is that I put more thought into this show than anyone responsible for it did.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Anyway, its brought up this issue...Which is worse:  Being told you'd look better with makeup, or being told you'd look better without makeup? 

My youngest brother dated a woman who put the makeup on with a trowel.  My mother (Who in her almost 91 years of life I have never heard her say an unkind word about anyone) tried to get one of my sisters to tell her.  I think it was my younger one who bit the bullet.  She wasn't upset (or at least not that we know about) and she's been married to my brother for going on 30 years now...

• Like 2