Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: It Is What It Is, Until It Isn’t

DanaK
  • Start Topic

01/11/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Crockett and Charles treat Justin's gym buddy. Maggie and Will help a robbery-homicide suspect. Hannah and Archer use Med's new opiate abuse A.I. program.

I’m enjoying the series since the annoying characters have gone.  Glad, April is gone again.  

Maggie’s character is a mystery, but I’m not too bothered by it.  She does seem so detached. 

I get why the doctors were critical of the drug alert system, but to me, it should only be used as a tool.  As far as the accuracy goes, the patient has the right to review any info about them into a system that houses their medical information and they could correct mistakes like a med for their pet.  That seemed rather bizarre to me and overkill to diss a program that could be used as a tool.  It seems the potential to help was stronger than the risk.  Maybe the company is hiding something since they didn’t respond back to Sharon.  It’ll probably return as an issue.  

Those doctors sure went to great lengths to help a guy avoid prosecution, even though they didn’t really know if he was being truthful.  As it turns out, he wasn’t even an adult.  So, regular arrest wouldn’t be appropriate anyway.  I get what they were trying to say, but it sort of fell short.  

Dr. Charles’s relationship is going strong.  That’s so nice.  I hope it works out.  This show can’t allow a couple to be happy. They have to blow it up for some reason.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3

That AI story was interesting.  I was glad Hannah stepped forward in support of this patient, and all the other patients who would be misdiagnosed or left untreated.  She said that being flagged as a potential drug seeker immediately changed her approach to treating the patient, and made her view her with suspicion.  Women have so much trouble with doctors not listening when they are in pain, so something like this could make things even worse.

We have no universal medicine in this country, so medical records are all over the place.  Where this third party gets them from is an important piece of information that Sharon and the hospital board need to know.  Also, how often is this information updated, who maintains the data and makes corrections to the information, and what is their error rate.

• Like 4
On 1/12/2023 at 9:39 AM, scruff said:

Maggie  still   playing   the  "victim"    huh  ?   Still   taking  ZERO responsibility  for  Destroying  her  Marriage  huh ?    How   Wonderful.  

I don't think Maggie did anything wrong enough for her husband to storm out of their marriage. Should she have told Ben about the accident? Yes, but I can understand why she didn't want to. He was over-the-top jealous before the car ride even happened. He was unjustifiably angry that she had even spoken to her ex. There's a problem in their marriage, yes, but they should be talking about it and maybe getting couples counseling. Possibly getting divorced over something that can be resolved is an overreaction.

• Like 2

Having  an  emotional  affair  with  an  ex   and   then   Lying, deceiving,  denying,  coercing, manipulating  and   gaslighting   ones's    husband   over  it   is   considered   "  nothing   wrong   enough"    and   being   "  over the  top   jealous "    ?

Seriously ?   WOW...

I must   have  had  it all wrong.   Of   course    it is  100  percent  the  Husband's    fault...    I  guess I stand  corrected...   Maggie    is   the    Hero/victim/martyr/injured party/guiding light ...

WOW

• Like 1

I think Maggie is annoying and her dysfunctional relationship with her husband is annoying and her relationship with the father of her kid is annoying and that kid is also annoying so I'm glad she left the show. They can all disappear and the show would be better for it.

• Applause 2

I am so close to giving up on this show.  The doctors are so convinced of this kid’s innocence that they decide to operate around the bullet instead of removing it?  No reason to think the bullet will move in the future and cause other issues?

On 1/13/2023 at 8:01 PM, izabella said:We have no universal medicine in this country, so medical records are all over the place.  Where this third party gets them from is an important piece of information that Sharon and the hospital board need to know.  Also, how often is this information updated, who maintains the data and makes corrections to the information, and what is their error rate.

This sounds like it has plenty of potential for PHI issues.  I’m pretty sure hospitals can’t just contribute your PHI to a centralized database with no consent.

• Like 3
On 1/16/2023 at 8:19 PM, jcbrown said:

I think Maggie is annoying and her dysfunctional relationship with her husband is annoying and her relationship with the father of her kid is annoying and that kid is also annoying so I'm glad she left the show. They can all disappear and the show would be better for it.

I don’t recall hearing she left the show. She is fighting cancer so she’s not there full time I don’t think

55 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I don’t recall hearing she left the show. She is fighting cancer so she’s not there full time I don’t think

The kid (who has a name that I cannot remember) is battling cancer? I did not wish that on the actor, for sure, but I am glad not to have the character around.

1 minute ago, jcbrown said:

The kid (who has a name that I cannot remember) is battling cancer? I did not wish that on the actor, for sure, but I am glad not to have the character around.

I misunderstood and thought you meant the actress playing Maggie; that actress has cancer. I forgot about the daughter leaving

• Like 1