Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: A Little Change Might Do You Some Good

DanaK
  • Start Topic

01/04/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Charles and Nellie help an elderly patient and her developmentally disabled grandson. Will treats a high school swimmer with a heart condition. Crockett considers using the O.R. 2.0 for surgery. Hannah and Dr. Justin Lieu search for a patient's missing pregnant wife in the woods.

Wow, that was a large newborn!  

Poor Maggie!

I’m so happy for Dr. Charles.  I hope his new friend is legit and isn’t hiding some scary stuff in the closet.  Lol. And, that she’s legal.  

• Like 7

Why did the pregnant woman walk miles into the woods after the accident? Why didn’t she stay near the car? Was she trying to get help? Why didn’t the police department have a search and rescue crew? Was it mentioned why and why the new doctor felt compelled to step in? Considering that shows like this tend to not care that much about doctors medical specialties, I was pleasantly surprised that they sent OBGYN Dr Asher. 

• Like 5

I got distracted when they showed up at the wreck scene, so I’m not sure why wife walked through woods as opposed to up the road for help.  Disoriented?  Shock?  Idk.  Doctors in the field is one of my least favorite things, though.  I still like this show so much better than I did when they had April, Natalie and a couple others.  

I think that the actor playing Dr. Crockett is doing an outstanding job. He really does seem to embody the caring doctor who is really into helping his patients.  It looks like romance is on his heels again.  Avoiding it in the workplace would likely be a good decision.  That man is a magnet,  lol

Dr. Charles is also that way.  I mean a devoted doctor.  Maybe not a magnet, but a good man.  The lady he’s dating seems to recognize that.  I’d like to see him happy with his home life.

• Like 8

are we  really   supposed to  feel  sorry  for   maggie  now ?     The  woman  that   has  been  having an  emotional  affair and   lying,  deceiving, coercing,  manipulating  and    gaslighting  her   Husband   over  it   ? 

Seriously, she is   supposed to be the  "victim"   now ?  

WOW

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Why did the pregnant woman walk miles into the woods after the accident? Why didn’t she stay near the car? Was she trying to get help? Why didn’t the police department have a search and rescue crew? Was it mentioned why and why the new doctor felt compelled to step in? 

I was wondering all of this myself.  I missed the scene when the husband was admitted, but did this very pregnant woman just stumble away from the accident?

Plus, she was in labor, suffering from a head injury, then Asher sees that she had placental abruption.  The whole plot looked like an excuse to show off Liu’s combat training, but it was still far fetched that everything worked out fine in the end.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Like 4

I don’t know what to make of the Maggie storyline.  The writers went crazy with her character as soon as her bio daughter arrived.  She started acting in ways that didn’t seem consistent with her personality.  It just snowballed.  Now….idk.  The actress is going through a lot and it just seems so dark.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 6
On 1/5/2023 at 7:51 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t know what to make of the Maggie storyline.  The writers went crazy with her character as soon as her bio daughter arrived.  She started acting in ways that didn’t seem consistent with her personality.  It just snowballed.  Now….idk.  The actress is going through a lot and it just seems so dark.  

Agree she is going through so much outside the show then all this emotional turmoil on the show.

i think the young mom just got disoriented plus when her husband wasn’t there must have been a shock.

i wasn’t that fond of Crockett when he joined but I really like him now.

leave it ti halstead to cross the line with his patient, yell and demean his boss, and get commended for it.  All in a day’s work.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Has Halstead ever been a patient?  Maybe that would give him a new perspective on the role of a doctor.

Great idea.  I’d love to see a scene where he is a patient and decides that he does NOT want an hemorrhoidectomy, however the treating doctor insist that he have one!  He is strapped down and they perform the procedure anyway, because they know better than him what treatment is best.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I watched this closer to see what happened. I think the writers dropped the ball again on the car accident case.  The car hit a tree off the road, but only a hundred yards.  The road would have been visible to the woman when she got out and the best route to take. But , she leaves her injured husband and cell phone to walk into the forest. Ok.  So, I guess delirium or shock sent her miles into the forest.  Also, the initial emergency responders at the scene said they towed the car after finding one person on the scene, however, both airbags would have been deployed, indicating another person was in the car.  

I’m glad they addressed the issue with the autistic adult grandchild.  I know multiple families who are similarly situated. They believe they are protecting the child by providing them so much exclusive, hands-on care. They fail to realize that creating such dependency is harmful. Their failure to integrate the child into outside environments can handicap them from receiving future services, especially if the primary caregivers become sick or die.  The grandmother in this episode claimed she placed the grandson into care homes previously, but he refused to eat, cried and threw tantrums.  Those things can be dealt with and a gradual approach of socialization and exposure to the outside is possible. Giving up is not really an option.   It’s heartbreaking to see families who cannot see the future for these special needs adults.  Integrating them and helping them achieve independence is vital.  Instead, they baby these individuals and keep them dependent on them for all their needs.  Each has their own level of potential.   Ok, rant over.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 6